Even though our Easter has just begun (it's only about 8:30 in the morning), I thought I would write while I had the chance. Holidays are always super busy for us, as we travel from one end of the earth to the other, but that's how we've always done it, and we appreciate being able to see so much of the family. We're not sure what we'll do next year with a Baby J. to tote around--it'll be interesting, that's for sure! Today, we head to Punxsutawney to see Zach's mom's side of the family, then we'll stop in at Spring Church for Rick's family gathering. Nonna and Nonno are always so good to us--we get an Easter basket every year, and this year, I will dominate the chocolate with no apologies :0) At the end of the day, we travel to Monroeville for my dad's side of the family, and let's just say that's always a...treat! Needless to say, come 8 pm, I'm ready for bed! I just hope I can make it through this year without excusing myself for a nap!
We attended the annual Easter Sunrise Service at Northmoreland Park this morning. This year, it was just me, Zach, and my dad, but very nice nonetheless. I couldn't help but laugh as I stuffed myself into my winter coat; it fit just three short months ago, but today, the resemblance to "fat man in a little coat" from the Tommy Boy movie was all too evident! But at least I was warm and Baby J. kicked her approval throughout some of the songs at the service--probably because she heard her dad's wanna-be-priest singing voice over everyone else's!! Never a dull moment!
Speaking of my musical hubby, he surprised me with some "gourmet" rootbeer in bottles and some chocolately goodness for Easter. He was very proud of the rootbeer: "It's won awards two years in a row for its 'creaminess!'" So I'm sure to enjoy that! For whatever reason, we've always exchanged gifts on Easter. One year I got a gorgeous bracelet, another year, diamond earrings! Talk about over-the-top Easter eggs! My favorite and most memorable Easter was the one where Zach told me he loved me for the first time. Ahhh memories. Now we're going to be parents...and as I type this, he's swearing upstairs at the painter's tape.
This week, Zach is on break (whereas I am back to work...grrrr...), so he has a long to-do list he's hoping to accomplish. Among the many things that he's deemed as "must be done this week" is the nursery. I'm so super excited to see it painted with all of the furniture in there! I love the idea that I'll come home and it'll be done one of these days! Yay!! We've also been finalizing (or trying to) our registry; it's a lot harder than I thought it would be! I'm going to have to go test drive some stroller options because I don't quite understand all this lingo: travel system, car seat base, etc. I'd like to see what's out there, so we'll probably make that trip sometime soon as well.
That said, tomorrow is the taste testing of the shower food. I think it's a bit odd and unnecessary to offer so many options of food for a shower--and then have to indulge ourselves in an actual TASTING of the options!--but my mom is taking the reigns, so I'm just along for the ride. Let's hope all goes well, ie: mom is happy with the food or this shower planning could get ugly!
On a final note, my left hip is not my friend. I can't lie down on my left side (which is the BEST side, the experts say) for more than a half hour before all of my new weight starts to put such pressure on it that the pain shoots up my back. I've been a real project at night, too; I can't stay still, I'm tossing and turning constantly, I wake up Zach by either moving too much or accidentally smothering him with my body pillow (which, by the way, is taller than I am...). It's been a minor inconvenience, to say the least, but one that I'm sure will disappear when the baby comes and I lose the weight. From what I gather, I won't be doing a lot of sleeping once the baby comes anyway, so I might as well get used to this!
Off to get ready for the day. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment