Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby Shower Times Two!

The last few weeks have been crazy busy! Between the end of school, preparing materials for a sub for the beginning of next year, starting another grad class, 2 baby showers, and vacation, I've had very little down time--and I'm not complaining!!

On June 6th, my gal pals from Valley threw me a VHS Shower to which so many of my good friends came. I don't get to see many of them these days, so getting together again was a great time. And, they were SUPER generous. I got my diaper bag (packed full of diapers and other baby necessities!); a ton of bathing stuff; cute onesies (including a My First Valentine's Day); a Bumbo, which is a little baby seat that helps Baby J. strengthen his/her neck; Baby Einstein DVDs; Pooh stuff, etc. It was very relaxed and some of the new mothers brought their little ones--I loved that! My old principal came as a surprise guest; it was really great to see her. In true educator fashion, she got us books to add to Baby J.'s quickly growing library. I've attached some pics of the gifts, but my friends are still in the process of forwarding the pics that they took, so we'll all have to wait a bit more for those!

The following weekend, June 13th, brought my SECOND shower! Baby J.'s grandmas really did a nice job with this one: it was at River Forest Country Club, the food was yummy, and the room was gorgeous. I cannot even begin to explain the generosity of our family and friends. I've attached pictures, but again, only of the gifts because I'm waiting for my photographer, Jen!, to send me the pics she took! Just like with my VHS pals, it's really amazing how much we were given; we feel super blessed to have these thoughtful, kind, and loving people in our lives. Rather than play games as is tradition at a lot of showers, we asked our guests to create individual pages that we'll include in a scrapbook for Baby J. I've had the chance to read through a few of them and they are lovely! Between the funny notes from my little cousins to the touching messages from other mothers, I think this scrapbook will be a keepsake that Baby J. will really enjoy as he/she grows...well, let's be honest, only a GIRL Baby J. will appreciate it :o)

The day after the shower, June 14th, we took off for South Carolina, which is where I am as I type this! I think a lot of people were displeased (maybe even surprised?!) with my decision to travel, but my doctors said it was fine because I've had such a healthy pregnancy, and I feel great even now, so I figured why not? So we drove for a bit on Sunday, stayed the night at a hotel right over the border of North Carolina, and then continued the drive on Monday. We got to the beach house (which is my great uncle's) and did our food shopping before relaxing. Since then, we've gone to the beach (where Zach has seriously limited my ocean time!), the pool, played mini golf, eaten some great dinners, went to the movies, etc. and I'm still feeling great! There was a point when I felt like I was overheating, and I won't lie, I was NOT a happy camper. But then we realized the AC was broken--it was over 80 degrees in the house! We got it fixed, prego is happy again, and now all is well! Oh, I did forget about the fact that my MATERNITY bathing suit no longer fits!!! Let me rephrase that: the bottoms fit; the top does not. It fit when I tried it on 2 months ago, and I even had the foresight to buy one size larger at that point, but alas, my efforts were in vain. Apparently, I'm pretty big! This is news to me, though, because I like the way I look and I don't FEEL that much heavier (even though at this point, I'm up about 28 pounds!), but as Zach and I were walking yesterday, I caught a profile glimpse of myself in a store window!! WHOA! That baby is really growing...and yes, I'm huge :o)

We'll be coming home on Monday, hopefully before noon so I can pick up my puppies from the kennel. I do miss my doggies, but I'm going to soak up the beautiful weather and the laid back lifestyle of the south while I can! Until next time, we'll be here in S.C. riding around in style courtesy of our golf cart :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment