Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Body Issues

Had someone asked me a year ago what my "body issues" were, I would have certainly cited particular parts of my body that I don't like, could be better, could be smaller (or bigger!), etc. These days, "body issues" refer specifically to pregnancy-related things going on in my ever-growing frame.

For example, today I noticed the inside of my bra was wet. Low and behold, my body has begun churning! While it is somewhat inconvenient, I have to admit it's oh-so-exciting! So what if I have to wear the bra pads a bit earlier than I originally thought? I think it's amazing how the body just prepares itself for this important job. It's also a classic "Zach moment" when he asks if he can milk me :o)

Not so pleasant as the creation of food that will sustain the life I've been growing inside of me for almost 8 months now are the arrival of Braxton-Hicks contractions. One hit me today out of nowhere and it stopped me in my tracks. I think it mostly surprised me because I wasn't ready for it, but it truly felt a lot like the kind of cramping I experienced with my gallstones. So, I feel confident that I can get through them, which helps prepare me for the "real thing."

Speaking of the "real thing," I'm seriously contemplating natural childbirth. I don't want anything in my spine, I don't want a catheter, and I don't want to be confined to my bed. For all those reasons and others, I'm leaning toward natural. However, I'm not vain enough to rule out help if necessary, so don't hold me to anything! I strongly believe in mind over matter, so that will get me far, but if I need it or if the doctor suggests it, I would certainly entertain the idea of some "help." Otherwise, au naturale is my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment