Sunday, October 18, 2009

So Much to Celebrate!

Even before Brady was born, Zach and I had begun contacting the "proper authorities" to have Brady baptized. Unfortunately, no one returned our call in July, August, or September. This left me enraged to the point where I was about to check out every church in the tri-state to baptize my baby!! After much deliberation, and a very adamant husband, we decided to contact the priest who married us. At first, I wasn't too thrilled with this decision for several different reasons (namely the fact that our non-Catholic family and friends were insulted and pretty much left out of our entire ceremony), but it's working out now. Sir Brady (he's been busy; he was knighted by his Mommy...), will be baptized on Sunday, November 8th, the day before his Daddy's birthday. Zach's good friend Nevada will be Brady's Godfather and my friend Lisa will be his Godmother. We chose these two people not just because they're our good pals, but because we think they'll be great role models for Brady. Nevada is a hard worker, loves kids, and has faced adversity many times but never complained about it or gave up. Lisa is one of the kindest, most giving people we know; Zach is still impressed that she's been to Venezuela to help build churches! All in all, we're super happy with our choices and even happier that our friends have obliged us. We're really looking forward to celebrating Brady with them.

In the coming weeks, we have birthdays and anniversaries and, of course, Halloween to celebrate, too! While we're not crazy about Halloween, we do enjoy dressing up and going to Lisa and Andrew's annual costume party. Zach and I are never creative enough to win a prize, but we always have a good time. We went as Sarah Palin and Bin Laden last year (even though some kept confusing Zach for Jesus...), but we're not sure what to do this year. Whenever we figure it out, we'll be sure to post pictures! Courtesy of our good friend Beth, Brady will be a glow-in-the-dark skeleton. I wanted to dress him as a cuddly lion cub or something like that, but Zach said he should be something "manly." A (cute!) skeleton will have to do!

Brady's sleeping has just gotten better and better! Last night, he slept from 9 - 7:30!! I actually find myself waking up wondering when I'll hear him, and then I immediately fall back asleep because I CAN!! He's just so wonderful! His 3-monthiversary and Gram Scalzott's birthday are all coming up, so I'll post those pics later this week. Until then, you'll just have to feast your eyes upon some random shots of the most handsome boy in the world :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment