Thursday, December 10, 2009

The numbers are in!

Brady had his 4 month check-up and shots today. For the most part, he was a trooper. He was calm during the strip down, the weighing, the poking and the prodding, but by the time the nurse came back in for the shots, he had had enough. He screamed until he was out of breath, got blotches on his beautiful face, and whimpered the whole drive home. But he's fine now, all smiles again, and we're hoping he'll bounce back as well as he did the last time he got his shots. Side note: we have realized that he has my oh-so sensitive skin. He gets marks and hives from even the slightest touch, but they disappear quickly. While that might be a downer for him, it's great for his mommy and daddy: to this day, I can't tell a lie without "hiving out," so I've been forced to be brutally honest my entire life, and now Brady is in the same boat! We so trump George Washington and his cherry tree story :o)

Anyway, what we've all been waiting for...drum roll, please!! Weighing in at 16 pounds, 12 ounces, Sir Brady has grown quite a bit and now measures 26 1/2 inches. He's in the 60th percentile for his height, 75th for his weight. The pediatrician allayed Zach's worst fear that our son is "obese," and assured us that he is as healthy as they come. Brady proved it when he soccer kicked the doc in his face while being checked for groin issues. Healthy, healthy boy...

We've also been given the green light to start him on solids. We're going to begin with the ever popular rice cereal and then move on to some fruits and veggies. Brady is more than ready; poor kid opens his mouth every time we eat, so we know he wants in on the action! I'll be sure to post the great pictures that are sure to result from this milestone! I've been waiting to break out the bibs that say "My First Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner," and I can't believe it's about that time! My little man is growing up!

Below are some random pics from the past few days. My college roomies and I had our gift exchange on Sunday, and there are some shots of Brady with his aunts in their Steelers garb. We wanted to get more pictures with everyone, but Brady's nap ruined everything :) I was happy that he slept so well that afternoon, though, because he's been waking up every night for the past week or so. Needless to say, I have what I fear are permanent bags under my eyes, but he's so darn happy to see me--regardless of the time, day or night--that I just can't find it in me to be angry. Sleep deprived and possibly brain damaged for life? Yes. Angry at that little guy? Never!



Aunt Sandy and Brady


The cutest Steelers fan there is (and possibly the last one at this point in the season...)


Brady and his Godmother, Aunt Lisa!


Brady and Daddy, who looks rather creepy in this shot...


"I'm ready to grub!"


Drooling on himself. What's new?


Right before he projectile vomited on me. Good times.


Brady's "bitter beer" face :o)

Until next time, Happy Holidays from our family to yours!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Brady! Make sure you start with veggies first - once they taste the sweetness of the fruits, it can be hard to get them to eat their green beans :-) He is going to LOVE those foods!

    ReplyDelete