Sunday, August 29, 2010

There Goes Summer!

As early wake-up calls are upon us (AKA: Zach is back to work full-time and thus unavailable for Brady Morning Turn), we've already begun reminiscing about the past 3 fabulous months. We spent our time wisely: with family and friends on vacations, at weddings, the zoo, golf tournaments, baby showers, dinners, play dates, Fantasy Football drafts, and leisurely lounging around catching up with everyone's crazy lives. With all that said and done, Zach and I have been pretty thrilled with how Brady has seamlessly joined in the fun. The boy is the Transition King! Be it from bottle to cup, formula to milk, or two naps to one, Sir Brady takes it all in stride, thereby making life a little easier on all of us. (I am now saying a silent prayer that we will be able to bestow the same accolades upon his future siblings!!) It really was a great summer and we look forward to many more.


In keeping with some of the aforementioned events, I FINALLY figured out how to get Derek and Kim's wedding pictures from Facebook to here! The bride and groom obviously have the "real deal" photos, but these ones are courtesy of a few friends, mainly Mrs. Jenifer Blevins! THANK YOU, AUNT JEN!





This past week, Brady had a lovely play date with eight other kiddies! None of them really paid much attention to the other kids, but they had a blast with all of the toys...and cups. Keeping those cups in the rightful hands was a real project, but somehow we Mommies managed :-) With nine kids, two dogs, and seven parents, it was definitely a busy afternoon!




Brady and Luca
Brady, AJ, and Luca

I didn't get many other pictures since I was playing defense for the majority of the time, but rest assured: Brady enjoyed himself and we hope to make play dates a regular part of this school year. And the most exciting part of it is that in a couple of months, we'll be adding another little guy (or girl!!) to Brady's play date schedule! One of my college roomies and best gal pals, Sandy, and her husband Kevin are expecting their first little one in October. Like us, they also opted for the surprise route; her yellow-and-green adorned shower was this past weekend at the Hampton Banquet Hall. Everything was so wonderful! It was great catching up with my other roomies and their moms and sisters, and the food (Oh Henry bar cookies = to die for!) was soo yummy! My favorite part was watching San open her gifts; she got so much cute stuff!! It's a darn shame subsequent kids don't warrant a shower! I hereby promise to throw my gal pals a "sprinkle" for their second (and third and fourth?) kids! There's so much adorable baby stuff out there--share the wealth, people!


Anyway, at the shower for Baby J., we took a roomies and moms photo, so we had to keep up the tradition for Baby Dub:
Weezer, Steph, Cin, San, Jess, Cat, Lis, Phyl :-)
I'm the only roomie without a sister, but they were kind enough to let me in on their Sister-Sister shot:
Lonely me, Lis, Ang, Tray, San, Jess, Felicia
 And finally, the Clarion Roomies, 11 years in the making!


Coming soon: Baby Dub!




I think this post officially brings an end to the carefree, summer months. I'm personally looking forward to the crisp fall mornings where I don't sweat my face off hiking it up Hawk Valley while pushing my enormous child in his enormous stroller, but I shouldn't wish away the sunshine just yet; I'm sure to miss the days where Brady zooms through the green grass on his quad...pantless :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment