| Practicing his new favorite thing to do: drink from a straw! |
Brady also said hello to a few new friends today; we went to the zoo for the first time today! It was pretty hot, so most of the big animals were lazing about and not really moving, but the ones that did earned a standing ovation from the kid! The ring-tailed lemurs, penguins, sea lions, and fish were a big hit with Brady. He loved watching the water move and fall which is what drew him to most of those animals in the first place. We stayed for almost 3 hours and he was perfect. We ate lunch (a bit of hot dog and some fruit and yogurt for Brady), and perused one end of the zoo to the other. I was so happy he went with the flow and allowed us to spend the afternoon there. At the end of the day, he was exhausted...and so were we!
Brady wasn't the only one greeting new experiences this week; Zach and I welcomed our fourth wedding anniversary on July 29th. Our friend Beth was kind enough to stay with Brady so we could indulge in some deliciousness at the J-Barn restaurant in Sarver. We then vetoed our original plan to see a movie and hit up some sales at the mall in an effort to prepare Zach's closet for back-to-school. The poor guy only had, like, two pairs of pants, so we hooked him up with a few more and a couple of shirts. He also gave in and bought new jeans. It had only been NINE years, so I'd say it was about that time! When I asked him how in the world he could go NINE years without buying such a staple wardrobe item, he reminded me that he prefers his "coaches pants" (AKA: wind pants) so he buys those more often than jeans. Do you understand why it was necessary to miss out on a movie and help him shop??!!
This weekend Zach's brother (my brother-from-another-mother!) Derek and his long time girlfriend Kim are tying the knot in an outdoor ceremony at Saxonburg Farms. It's surely to be gorgeous all decked out in blacks, whites, and a hint of pink! The weather looks like it's going to cooperate as well! Zach, Brady, and I are all in the wedding, so prepare yourselves: COMING SOON: BRADY IN A TUX. I'm so excited to get him all dressed up I could just burst! I am beginning to envy mothers of girls--they get to feel this kind of exhilaration for adorable clothes a lot more than mothers of boys do! I then remind myself that I was a huge project between the ages of 11 - 17 and I wish for more boys...
Until the big wedding day, enjoy our pics from the zoo today. Most of them are of the sharks because I have big plans for these shots: my brother is pee-your-pants terrified of sharks (and snakes and spiders and...), so I'm thinking I'll blow up a few and send them via snail-mail. If I could only be a fly on the wall when he opens that envelope. Ahhh good times.



No comments:
Post a Comment