Anyhoo, I talked to the midwife about my sleep issues and she gave me some helpful pointers to relax me before bed and during the night if (when) I wake up. I'm not too enthusiastic about the success of her advice, but I'll try anything. She did say that, if need be, I could take the vitamin Melatonin or even a Benadryl before bed, but I'm going to try the other options first. I don't like the idea of becoming dependent on something to get some shut eye. Unless of course that something is a massage or a facial or an ice cream sundae.
Even though I'm making Zach crazy, I've started to wonder (okay, obsess...) over the idea of physician vs. midwife again. I don't think anyone really understands my need to avoid another c-section; most people just think I'm nuts!! But the way the doctors have described what they "require during labor," I fear the end result is going to be the same as with Brady. I have time (awww, Baby J-2 just kicked--she's clearly telling me VBAC is the way to go!) to make this important decision, and in the mean time I'll stick with the current practice. My next appointment is Dec. 27th and sometime before Christmas we'll have the ultrasound that will determine the gender of the baby!!! Of course, we won't be finding that out until May, but it's still so fun to see the babe in person...sort of!
Baseball workouts have begun. Zach has opted to go back to coaching at Kiski this year and I really hope it works out for him. Coaching is part of who he is and I know he missed not connecting with the kids in the classroom and on the field. Even though we'll miss him during the long, crazy season that has evolved into high school baseball, and even though I'm sure I'll have a few "you're-never-home!!" meltdowns, Brady and I are very proud of Coach J. for getting back into the swing of things at Kiski. Here's hoping Baby J-2 makes her arrival during a home game or, even better, when the season is over!!
No comments:
Post a Comment