Friday, January 21, 2011

What a Week!

I am not a drinker, but if I were (and not with child), I would have made several trips to the  local liquor store this week. Allow me to share with you the timeline of events that made up this hectic, chaotic, and oh-so-stressful past four days:

Mullet-in-the-making...again


Monday:

8:10 am: Brady wakes up and I find quite the mess in his crib. Upon changing him, I realize that Zach forgot to put on his overnight diaper. Oops.

8:40 am: Brady and I sit down to eat breakfast and because I was lazy and didn't wake up earlier and had to spend time on the unexpected mess, I try to multi-task at the breakfast table by checking work e-mail.

8:45 am: Brady insists on yanking the tablecloth. After many "No, nos," a hand slap, and a stern reprimand, he continues to ignore me. On his last swipe, he manages to knock over the orange juice that is sitting near my computer. I'm sure you see where this is going...

8:46 am: I'm having an absolute fit trying to dry and de-sticky my computer. I am unsuccessful in my endeavors and the rest of the morning and afternoon are a blur.

My parents come over and run damage control (ie: look after Brady because I was out of my right mind), and I make a trip to Best Buy where I am forced to drop more money than I would have liked on a new computer, an external hard drive, and the newest edition of Microsoft Office. Bill Gates, you are one selfish dude.

For the remainder of Monday, I try like heck to quickly transfer all of the files I need for work. I am unable to connect to the Internet so I work on my laptop and Zach's for the rest of the evening.

:-)


Tuesday:

7 am - bed time: I continue to program the computer, transfer files, plug in passwords, etc. all the while trying to touch base with work and keep up to date with grading. I am still unable to connect to our wireless network which, I've come to find, has disconnected my work phone. When I realize that no one can get a hold of me, I have a meltdown from which I do not fully recover until sometime on Thursday.

Orange!


Wednesday:

I have a doctor appointment that I will discuss in a separate post because there's too much negative mojo in this one. Stay tuned for Baby J. #2 update...

11:30 - 1:30: I trouble shoot the Internet problems and SOLVE them all on my own! Big girl!

1:32 - 5:30: The Internet stops working. I resume meltdown mode and am forced to call Netgear. This is an extremely painful process because nothing goes right the first time, so I end up doing the same things over and over. It doesn't help that no one from Netgear speaks clear English and insists on spelling everything I tell them. For example, my last name sounded something like this: "Jankowski? J as in jump, A as in apple, N as in north, K as in kick..." By the time Zach got home from work, I was sitting on the living room floor with Brady, bawling my eyes out. I think the poor guy had a mini stroke when he saw me because I'm not one to cry. I assured him, through sobs, that nothing was really wrong and everyone was okay. He helped me get through the Netgear nightmare and the rest of the night was smooth sailing.

Playing with Mommy


Thursday:

7 am: My alarm goes off. I hit snooze. Seven times. I eventually turn off the alarm and decide I'll wake up with Brady who, conveniently, sleeps until about 8:40.

11:30 am: My parents come to get Brady and take him to lunch and for the first time all week, work uninterrupted! SUCCESS!

4:00 pm: It starts snowing. Zach and I have high hopes school will be canceled the next day!

5:00 pm: I brave the weather and head to my hair appointment where my stylist tells me she's found some gray hairs. I had to laugh. Can't a girl get a break?!

8:40 pm: Kiski actually calls a delay the night before! This is unheard of. Zach and I do a happy dance.

His new friend, Isaac


Friday:

5:30 am: Zach AND I wake up; he shovels, I catch up on work.

7:10 am: Kiski cancels school. We do another happy dance and decide that the rest of our Friday will be low-key, relaxed, and anything but stressful.

In conclusion, even if the Terrible Twos have cometh AND Brady cost us a pretty penny this week, at the end of the day, we're all healthy and happy. My amazing husband is in the kitchen as I type, chopping stuff up for our dinner. I'm incredibly lucky to have such a supportive, understanding, patient guy. He even loves me with a runny nose and swollen eyes. I think I'll keep him :-)

We are currently awaiting the notary who is bringing the paperwork for our "closing;" because we refinanced, we get to go through all the joys of closing on our home again. Hopefully it won't take long because we have a birthday to celebrate: Happy Birthday, Nonna!!

So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment