Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...Yes, I'm Still Pregnant.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms who are in our lives! Today we are reminded of the sacrifices and difficult decisions and overflowing love that encompass motherhood, and we remember and appreciate all that you do for us. I can especially appreciate the physical toll growing, carrying, and birthing a child can take on the body; I sneezed yesterday and peed a little. I'm hot.



Brady, PapTom, and I went to Zach's baseball game on Friday afternoon. We ran into PapRick there, and Brady was super confused by seeing both of his grandfathers in one place at one time! He kept looking for Grandma Terri because she and PapRick are a pair, and he was a little distraught when he realized she wasn't there! Nonetheless, he enjoyed watching the big kids bat and got to see some home runs, too. He's constantly yelling, "CRACK! Home run!" so at least this time it was appropriate.



Saturday morning, we met Uncle Derek, Aunt Kim, PapRick and Grandma Terri for an early Mother's Day breakfast. It's rare we can all get together so it was very nice to have some time to just sit and chat. Plus, my raisin bread French toast was yummy and that makes prego happy. Later in the day, we went to our good friends' sons' birthday party at the Elks, which is where all of these pictures are from. Brady took his clubs and balls since it was a golf course and all, and after the party festivities, we took him out in Zach's cart and he was in HEAVEN. We showed him the flags, the greens, the holes, the sand traps--everything he had only ever seen on TV. After the grand tour, he got to putt on the greens. Zach would throw the ball away from the flag and Brady would have to hit it back to make the shot. This, as you can imagine, took quite some time, but the boy was loving it!

Shot #24, I believe...

Toward the end, Brady realized that all of the putting wasn't necessary if he could just start out closer in the first place:


This morning, my boys let me sleep in and they attended church on their own. As they're not home yet, I can't say for sure how that went, but Brady can be a handful during the hour-long mass! I do think Zach felt guilty, which is why he insisted on taking the boy solo: a few weeks ago, he asked what I wanted to do for Mother's Day and I just said I wanted to sleep in and be able to do all of the crazy, nesting things I can't get done during the week. For instance, I have yet to put Brady's baptism picture in a frame. I would just like to get that done before the baby comes! Yet, yesterday, my husband informed me that he would like to golf today and since it's not "Wife Day" and I'm not his mother, it shouldn't be a problem. He claims he was joking. I, however, did not appreciate the humor.




I'm not overdue by any means, but EVERYONE keeps calling and e-mailing and texting and Facebooking and asking, "Are you still pregnant???" Yes, I am. My own mother is the absolute worst, despite my pleas for her to stop with the phone calls and questions. Even my co-workers are sending messages asking if the little one has arrived! I spent all last week training my replacements/subs, and on Friday, my courses were actually moved to them! In the event that I do have to work tomorrow, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do since I DON'T HAVE ANY STUDENTS. I sure hope that I can snap out of this bad attitude and not be an angry prego in labor. I'm going to need some zen music and a massage or something!


Happy Mother's Day to ME!!!

On a positive note (and one that may be "too much information" for some--you've been warned!), I lost part of my mucus plug on Friday night. I opted, yet again, to show Zach because I enjoy the way he recoils in fear at these things. In checking my older posts, I learned that when I lost it with Brady, I went into labor two days later. Perhaps it's sharing information like that that propels the incessant phone calls from my mom? I think next time she calls and begins the conversation with, "So...any news?" I'm just going to say, "Yep, I'm in labor," and hang up. A girl's gotta have a little fun, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment