| Pure disgust on that face: "I WILL NOT HAVE YOUR BOTTLE!" |
Zach and I are traveling to Erie in a few weeks for a friend's wedding and we're staying the night. While the prospect of a night without kids is AWESOME, the fact that Zach's poor parents will be refereeing Ella's showdown with the "fake boob," her father's eloquent description not mine, makes me more than nervous. To date, we've tried five different brands of bottles/nipples, none of which have sated the child, and just as many different people to feed it to her. We've tried expressed milk, formula, room temperature, warmed, and a half a dozen positions to offer all of the aforementioned. NOTHING.
Today, armed with a Nuk bottle, Zach tried to give Ella a snack. She wasn't starving and she was happy so we figured what's the worst that can happen? We soon learned: her screaming so wildly and kicking so mightily that her dad almost dropped her. Then it was my turn. I sat her up in my lap and she was all smiles. I put the bottle in her mouth and she didn't freak out. Score! Instead of sucking, though, she chose to chew on it. That's progress in my book! I'm learning that if, while I offer the bottle, she's sitting in a way that's different from how she nurses (in the Bumbo, in Zach's lap, etc.), she's not nearly as hostile. We have a long ways to go, but we're going to keep on fighting the good fight because, for the love of baby Jesus, I need a night out!
| I can only imagine what the neighbors think... |
While we're on the topic of milk, Sir Brady has officially been given the green light to switch from whole to 2%. This is a normal transition for 2-year-olds, but our pediatrician never mentioned it at Brady's last well-baby check-up. When the kid started guzzling more milk than Zach and I combined, I thought it best to contact his doctor and suggest we downgrade. Much like all other changes Brady has faced, he's done is seamlessly. Maybe he can talk to his sister for me.
| That's my boy :-) |
Kiski students return to the classroom next Monday, but today and tomorrow, Zach was at school. The house was strangely quiet without him and I didn't like it one bit. I think it's futile to complain about him having to go back to work since he did just have the entire summer off with us, so I won't waste my time. Plus it's borderline pathetic that I missed him as much as I did. Guess I kinda like him at home with me and the kids. Okay, okay, no complaining...
| She looks Asian. |
So how 'bout that earthquake, huh? I was sitting on our deck reading All Quiet on the Western Front since I'm teaching it for the first time this year, when the whole thing started to shake. I thought it was the wind and when I realized the wind was barely blowing, I checked my chair to make sure it wasn't propped up on a rock or stuck in a crack or something. By the time I was done with my inspection, the shaking had stopped. I went about my business completely oblivious that a decent earthquake hit near Richmond, Virginia (where my Godfather and his family live) and we felt the tremors the whole way here in western PA. Those of you who know me have already anticipated my horrible joke: it wasn't so quiet on this western front!! Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!! What? No takers?
| Telling off her brother |
No comments:
Post a Comment