Saturday, June 20, 2009

Daddy's Pregnancy Dreams???

Apparently, I'm not the only one having dreams about our pregnancy and eventual labor and birth. I am, however, the only one who will admit it!

For the past few weeks, Zach has been having some freaky dreams; they actually wake him up in the middle of the night, at which point he feels the need to share every single detail with me...regardless of the time! I don't mind; I think it's interesting insight into his anticipation for the "big day," and what I find most amusing is that he doesn't see (or refuses to see?) any connection between his dreams and his possible feelings about Baby J.!
Read below for some Zachary Dream Analysis Fun:

Dream One:
I insisted on driving somewhere and Zach thought it was unnecessary because the weather was bad, so he came with me. I guess we lost control of the car and it veered into a river where it began to sink. He said he was holding onto me, freaking out, but I was perfectly calm, assuring him things would be okay. I was actually telling HIM what to do as the ground below me began giving away and he was left on shore. Then the scene switched to his Nonno's house, where his grandfather was telling him to expect something in the mail; it would arrive on November 14th...that's my birthday! Conclusions? The helplessness Zach felt and the calm I felt during the sinking may be the different ways in which we're feeling about our pregnancy, and possibly my labor. The Nov. 14th mailing is beyond me, but I just thought it was interesting how whatever it was that was coming was due on my bday. Hmmm!!

Dream Two:
This dream begins with me pinned between a wall and a car--sounds good so far, right?! Zach had bought a toy that, he insists, actually exists today! I guess it's a squishy ball the size of a softball that comes in different faces; this particular one was a monster! When you squeeze it, a mini version of the monster, a baby monster if you will!!, shoots out. So, I guess this mini monster was responsible for pinning me against the wall, and Zach felt helpless because there was nothing he could do to ease my pain. I guess I was screaming, but he could only stand there. Now, I think this one is pretty self-explanatory, no?! Big monster, baby monster, Zach is helpless...is it about the birth? His fear that the baby will come in between us? Hmmm!!

The second part of the dream involved a bunch of us at a Pittsbugh Penguins game; apparently, they were playing on a pond, the ice breaks, and they all fall through! After that, my brother decides he wants to mini golf, so he gathers a bunch of friends to play but then never shows up. So Zach is in charge of this big group of mini-golfers, only he feels overwhelmed by having to organize the event; there was just too much to do and he didn't feel qualified. Maybe impending fatherhood is a bit a overwhelming??? (I know impending motherhood sure is!)

Poor Zach! These dreams have awakened him from a deep sleep each time he's had them. I can only hope he's awakened in the middle of the night by a screaming baby that easily--2 am diaper duty is sure to be a good time :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment