July 16th Post: Lazy Day in the...Pool
I woke up this morning and vacuumed the entire downstairs. True, it was about that time due to the accumulation of dog hair, but it's also true that cleaning is my new obsession. After my sweeping endeavors, I attempted to work on some grad school stuff outside on the deck with the dogs, but it rained briefly and sent us inside and my attention to other things: more cleaning! The afternoon warmed up pretty well, so I went to my aunt's neighbor's again and floated around (yes, that's right--contrary to what my brother thinks, I did NOT sink the raft!) for a few hours. The whole time I was doing nothing, my wonderful husband was working on our "before-baby-arrives to-do list;" he was pouring cement for our new mailbox when I returned sun kissed and ready for a nap!
We went to dinner with my parents where I ate four hundred pounds of gnocchi, which is why it's only 8 pm and I'm ready for bed. I normally eat smaller portions these days because, let's face it, I'm running out of room, but not tonight! That floating in the pool was hard work :o)
I've been having pains again--every move the baby makes hurts these days, but even when the baby is still, I'm experiencing what I can only guess is more Braxton Hicks. Fine by me--get that uterus some practice and get that baby into my arms!!
No comments:
Post a Comment