Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15th Post: Single Digits, Baby!

It may just be those closest to me who realize my complete incompetence with numbers, but now everyone reading this is aware: I'm numerically challenged. Even though I knew all day long that today is the 15th, it wasn't until I signed onto my blog and saw that the Baby Tracker read "9 days to go" that I actually realized it: NINE DAYS TO GO! SINGLE DIGITS! WHOA! And quite honestly, I thought last night was go time:

Zach had gone to bed, but I stayed downstairs to talk to my gal pal, San, on the phone. As we're chatting, I kept getting these sharp shooting pains in my lower abdomen and legs. Eventually, the pains--which were MUCH worse than the B-H contractions I had the other day--were radiating throughout my stomach. I could actually see everything move when the pain hit me, so of course, I'm thinking my uterus is contracting and the baby is moving down the birth canal!! I'm envisioning having to yell for Zach or send Bella up to wake him because I'm birthing our child on the living room couch! Poor San is completely oblivious on the other line and I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure! So, she and I hang up and I wait it out for a half an hour downstairs, not wanting to bother Zach if it wasn't the real deal. Well, it wasn't the real deal; the pain subsided about 45 minutes later and I was able to sleep through the night without giving birth--probably the most telling sign that I wasn't in labor!! Lucky Zach--got to sleep through the whole thing :o)

I met my friends Beth and Trish for lunch today; Trish was kind enough to share MORE of her parenting wisdom and books with me! She's given me so much throughout my pregnancy: maternity clothes, advice, books, and that's not even counting the lovely shower gifts! I think the girl gave me enough diapers for Baby J.'s first year on earth :o) So, special thanks to Trish. Now if I can just get her to babysit....

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome - and AJ thanks you for removing some of the junk (aka, baby books) from our home :-)

    ReplyDelete