Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24th Post: And...We're...Waiting...:

Today has come and gone, and with it, the chances of Baby J. being born on her due date. No problem; our entire family has become pretty good at the waiting game, so we'll just play a little longer!

I was up super early and got a lot of work done: grad school stuff, cleaned out my car, dusted and vacuumed the house, etc. Around lunch time, we met Zach's Jankowski relatives for a bite to eat. His cousin Kristen brought her two little ones, Jack and Erin, and it was quite entertaining watching Zach observe them. Neither child stayed still longer than a minute at a time; Kristen spent a good portion of the visit running to block the kids from the stairs! Afterward, I told Zach that could be his job since he has so much pent-up energy to begin with :o)

For whatever reason, my brother felt it necessary to celebrate his birthday THREE times this week: Sunday was the family party, Thursday was the birthday dinner, and today we went to the Hopfrahaus (sp?) in the South Side with a whole crew of people. After the nice German accordion player announced a few birthdays and other special occasions, my mom saw the opportunity to have the baby's due date announced. So, I'm clearly in the running for mother-of-the-year since everyone in the place knows I spent the day my first child was to enter the world in a BAR!!!! But people were nice and played along; they lifted their mugs to me and drank themselves retarded. Good times.

My lower back is KILLING me today, and I don't know if it's because I did so much sitting around (lunch with the Jankowskis, the ride to and from the South Side, dinner at on a huge wooden bench, etc.) or if it's a SIGN. As always, I'll pretend it's a sign.

Speaking of signs, I do believe that I lost my...WARNING: GROSS INFO ON THE WAY...mucus plug today! I actually made Zach look to confirm it--that was fun :o) I texted my dad the news only because it's entirely too entertaining to pass up an opportunity to get him all worked up! Within minutes, he had asked every woman he came across at work and on the job about their mucus plugs! He then texted back that "your baby is coming within two days. I've done my research." Even though he himself said I had a least 48 hours, he was a MESS all day long! I think he's more nervous and antsy than Zach and I put together!! Poor guy :o)

Zach invited himself back into our bed last night, and I actually slept pretty well, so he'll be allowed to rejoin me again this evening :o) Plus, I'll admit that I'm scared of going into labor and he'll be out of arm's length!

No comments:

Post a Comment