Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 23rd Post: Happy Birthday to Mike...but Not Baby J.!

Today started with a wonderful doctor appointment; I actually lost a pound (ha!), I'm effaced and dilated the same, the baby has dropped signficantly, and my cervix is tilted and ready for action. The doctor said she likes what's going on because my body is getting ready--but I've heard that before! She was a little concerned with the swelling of my feet and hands and said if I wake up and my face is swollen, too, that I should call her, but I think the swelling had more to do with me waiting for almost FORTY MINUTES with my legs dangling off of a table than my blood pressure (which is still good at 100/70) or the humidity!! Anyway, the baby is positioned so that when she does drop into the birth canal, she'll be facing the right direction, so I should avoid back labor. What a good baby :o)

After my appointment, my mom and I stopped at Target where I ran into a good friend from high school. She, too, was with her mom and her new baby girl! We chatted and exchanged numbers and e-mail addresses; it was sooo wonderful seeing her again! And also a bit of a reality check that we graduated TEN years ago and are starting families!! Whoa!

Speaking of families, other friends just found out that they're pregnant for the second time. I think it was a surprise because their first is only 7 months old, but when I talked to them, they seemed pumped about it. I just love this--so many babies!!

Tomorrow, Zach and I are eating lunch with his Jankowski relatives...unless of course I go into labor! After today's appointment and some spotting (after the doctor's and more this evening), I'd like to pretend that I'm losing my mucus plug (sorry if that's too much info!) and I'll be pushing by this time tomorrow. I think I'm ending all of my posts like this now, aren't I?! It is rude to be late, so let's hope Baby J. isn't a rude little one :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment