Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3rd Post: Some Cramps, a Nap, and Some Friendly Wagers

I woke up in the middle of the night with a sensation I haven't felt in about 9 months: menstrual cramps. At first I thought I had to, you know, use the bathroom, but nope. Then I started to get really excited thinking that the contractions were starting and we'd meet our son/daughter in the very near future. Zach was awakened by my incessant moving, so we chatted it up at 4 am about the cramps, a dream he had, and I then fell back asleep and that was that. The cramps have not returned which I guess means no baby any time soon. Kind of a bummer.

Zach put together the last of our baby gear today: the beautiful Pack-n-Play Gran and Pap Scalzott bought us! I love this thing! It matches our swing, so it's a lovely little set. Apparently watching Zach labor over the Pack-n-Play exhausted me because I took a fantastic nap. After what was a decent night's sleep, the nap gave me a lot of energy. I feel rested so I just may go clean something else--I'm thinking that our refrigerator could use a once over.

Moving on to the friendly wager: anyone who is interested can throw in a dollar, place a bet as to Baby J.'s birth date and time (closest without going over, so says Bob Barker), and the winner gets all the cash. So far, we have about 5 bets and we've invited between 25 - 30 people to play, so it could be a decent chunk of change. Hope this friendly wager doesn't turn our future child into a degenerate gambler :o)

Off to "revisit the family budget" because Zach says it's time to do so. Happy early 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment