July 2nd Post: Random Thoughts
I'll start with good news: I slept one hour more last night than I have in quite some time! That's a total of about 3 consecutive hours of shut-eye. At this point, I'm looking forward to the 2 am feedings; at least when I do get to sleep, I'll be comfortable :o)
At the doctor's recommendation, I've begun to consider an epidural. My doc said she's worried about the rash flaring up during labor and adding to the mix, as well as the fact that I'm exhausted, and she told me to think about the epi. I guess somewhere along the line, I thought if I opted out of the pain, I was "less of a woman." I know that's insane; the modern miracles of medicine have made it so that we can ALMOST enjoy child birth, and I'm against it! But with my doctor (as well as our family doctor whom my mom consulted), I'm throwing some different ideas around. We shall see...
Also, Zach wants to put together a friendly poll to guess what day and time Baby J. will be born. He's suggested we all throw in a buck and the winner keeps the spoils. Maybe more news on that in tomorrow's post!
i will totally get in on that poll! haha, betting on baby :).
ReplyDelete