Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9th Post: Found a Friend!

Today was a bit warm, so I was hoping to find a friend with a pool and I was successful! My Aunt Elaine's neighbor was kind enough to invite me over to swim and the feeling of weightlessness was FABULOUS!! My hips didn't hurt, there was no strain on my knees--it was just wonderful! It was also nice to talk to my aunt and her neighbor about labor, child birth, and raising kids. Super afternoon.

Around dinner time, I found myself craving pancakes. I'm not sure where I got the idea--I hadn't seen a commercial for them, talked about them, nothing! But I knew I wanted them, so Zach agreed to put our kabobs on hold until tomorrow and we went to Kings where I had a yummy strawberry and banana short stack. After that, I felt confident that I could defeat my Tiger-Woods-wanna-be-husband at mini-golf, so I challenged him to a round. I was victorious!! For only the second time in a 7 year stint, I won! Talk about a great night!

Nonna and Nonno and my brother and his gal pal Natalie visited us today, too; spending time with loved ones is definitely a great way to pass the time. And as we all know, I'm trying to pass the time as quickly as possible!

Missed my nap and of course didn't sleep well last night, so I'm off to bed at 9:30. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter than today, so maybe I'll get another invite to swim--wouldn't that be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment