Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy 3 weeks, Brady!

I can't believe baby Brady has been here for 3 weeks already! Hard to believe that less than a month ago he was still kicking my ribs! It doesn't quite make sense because even though he's not been here for long, it feels like he's been here forever. I can't seem to remember what we used to do in our spare time before Brady; whatever it was, it obviously wasn't that important :o)

I'm feeling MUCH better these days. My incision is healing, the little bandages are falling off, and I'm able to get around a little easier, too. I've started to drive again which has really helped me feel "normal" again; it was very hard for me to be confined the house and/or reliant on someone else for just about everything. So even though in retrospect I'm not too thrilled with the care I received at Magee, I am happy with the progress I've made since the C-section.

On a parenting note, Zach and I are self-confessed "our kid is the best" parents now. We've been reading about each week of development and it seems as though Brady has done everything much earlier than is "normal." So of course we now think he's the smartest, strongest, etc. baby on earth. For instance, he's been lifting his little head and looking from side to side since the first week we brought him home; according to our book, that's something he's supposed to be doing by the end of the 3rd week. Also by the end of this week he's supposed to start kicking his legs as though trying to move; he's been doing that since the DAY we brought him home. Obviously, Baby is ahead of the baby curve. :o) He's also a good source of entertainment: he's peed on Zach quite a bit and that's always fun for me. Last night, we were bathing him and Zach brought him naked and ready, and the next thing we know, Zach's t-shirt is soaked. The short walk from the change table into the bathroom was all it took--a great big pee all over daddy. I laughed so hard! Zach was a good sport, although he refused to continue wearing the shirt while I went and got my camera to capture the Kodak moment. Guess I can't blame him :o)

Brady has been sleeping fairly well during the night; he's usually good for a solid 3 hours at time. It's been so wonderful having Zach here to help because the night time routine is a bit taxing what with the changing, the feeding, the putting back to bed, the pumping, and the clean-up. We split the responsibilities now, so when Zach heads back to work in a couple of weeks, I'm super nervous to have to do this all by myself! I'm sure I can handle it, but the hubby has been so incredibly wonderful with Brady that I know I'm going to be insanely sad to see school start and to see him go. I do believe I'll miss my Zachary!

It's time to put Brady to bed and get some shut eye until about 1:30. That's usually our first wake-up call, but I can't think of a better reason to get out of bed :o)

1 comment:

  1. Of course your baby is the BEST - that's what moms and dads are supposed to believe! Great pics - with all the grandparents, aunts, and uncles, Brady is one lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete