Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1 Month-iversary!



We can hardly believe that Brady has been with us for a whole month now, but we're sure glad he blessed us with his presence--even when he's screaming uncontrollably for an hour at a time in the middle of the night :o)

So in this month, we've learned a lot about being parents, about ourselves, and about our little man. Here are some of the random things we've realized over the past few weeks:

*Brady enjoys movement and warmth more than anything, except maybe his bottle!

*Brady still does not enjoy being changed or being bathed, but is getting better...fingers crossed!

*Brady LOVES being outside; he gets a kick out of staring at the sky or anything bright for that matter.

*A month after the C-section, I'm proud to say I'm no longer wearing underwear that could have easily housed me, Zach, and the baby. I can also laugh, sneeze, and cough now without wanting to die.

*Things do not get done in a timely fashion any more. I didn't brush my teeth until 3 pm today and I have had the same To-Do list since we brought Brady home. You'll all be receiving his birth announcement before he's a year old, I promise...I think.

*When Zach asked me if I suffered brain damage after the C-section, I was originally offended. I am now considering he might be right; I couldn't remember my son's name when someone asked me in Giant Eagle. God help me.

*Zach still maintains "Master Swaddler" status. He's the only one who succeeds in putting Brady down without him screaming seconds later. Good daddy!

*Brady's umbilical cord stump fell off and I admit I had a fleeting inclination to keep it. I quickly changed my mind as that's gross...after I took a picture of it. Okay, two pictures.

*When Zach goes back to school and leaves me a "single mother" cooped up in the house while taking 2 grad classes I may lose my mind. But a simple smile from Brady makes it all worth it.

*Babies certainly do change your life. For example, I now e-mail and do my grad class work in the nursery while simultaneously pumping Brady's next meal.

*
I now know why people shouldn't mess with bear cubs--Mama Bear will gladly rip off faces for her little ones, and I'm pretty sure I would, too. Loving Brady is a completely different kind of love than for a significant other or another family member. Sometimes I actually cry because the feelings are so strong. Not sure if that's normal, but that's the case.

*Zach's only contribution to this post is: "I'm sleepy."

One of Zach's math students (and my summer school English student!) was kind enough to send us a card and a blanket embroidered with Brady's name and birth date. So we've decided to photograph him every month in the same chair with the blanket--thanks, Emilie! I totally ripped off the idea from Trish, but moms share and share alike...right?!

As Brady requires being held for hours on end some days, I make no promises that I'll be able to post and/or update photos in between the month milestones. I'll try my hardest, but until then, enjoy these randoms and his 1-month photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment