Sunday, September 27, 2009
2 Month-iversary!
Baby Brady turned 2 months old this past Saturday, September 26th! We celebrated with a few shots, but not the fun kind; Brady got his first immunizations! He was more of a trooper than I because I waited in the hall while Zach held him for the shots. Brady cried out with each poke, but was over it pretty quickly. By the time we were dressing him to go home, he was all smiles again. What a big, strong boy! He was definitely sleepy the rest of the day, but no aches, no fever, nothing. The only signs that he even saw the pediatrician are the 2 crayon Band-Aids at the site of the shots on his little legs. We're still giving him small doses of Infant Tylenol (this kind was not part of the recall) because the doctor said he could show symptoms of a reaction up to 48 hours after the fact, but so far, so good.
As of his 2 Month-iversary, Brady weighs 11 pounds, 14 ounces and is 23 1/4 inches long. That means from his last visit, he's gained almost 2 pounds and grew one full inch! He's definitely growing out of his clothes; I put a pair of PJs with footies on him the other day and wondered why he couldn't straighten out his legs. The thing was way too small! I've had to dig into his 3 month outfits already. At this rate, he'll be sharing pants with his daddy next week :o)
Since the beginning of the school year, we've settled into a really nice routine here at home. Brady is still waking almost every night around 2:30 or 3, but then goes back to sleep until about 6:30 or 7. He's all smiles every morning, so some of the pictures I posted here are ones I snapped the other day around 7 am. He all of a sudden loves to be changed and bathed; a month ago, both of those events elicited screams so loud that the entire neighborhood could hear! In other fun news is the baby carrier. I strap Brady in and he's secured close to my chest without me having to hold him. It's nice because I get a lot done that way and I think he likes it because it's similar to being in the womb feeling all of the movement and hearing all of my sounds. To date, his favorite carrier activity is running the vacuum, which comes in handy having 2 big, hairy dogs. Some things haven't changed, though: he's still fascinated with ceiling fans and lights! He especially likes to look at them while he’s “dancing:” Zach holds him upright and moves him back and forth on the counters and tables and he just loves it! Brady is also still a social butterfly; he loves attention, mostly from his grandparents! Today, we went to Aunt Debbie’s to see my cousin Kenny who is home from Iraq, but heading back in a few months. Unfortunately, Brady slept the entire visit, but at least Kenny and his wife Sam got to see him. And let’s be honest, seeing Brady is enough to fall madly in love with him :o)
An update on the clogged milk ducts and broken breast pump: they’re fixed and so is the pump. Actually, it’s come to pass that the pump was never actually broken. Long story short, in sheer desperation and extreme pain, I went to Babies R Us with the intent to buy whatever part would fix my pump. The saleswoman told me I would have to contact the company to get what I needed, and then laughed and said, “I hope your pump is actually broken and you didn’t just forget to charge your battery pack. So many women do that!” Oops. Needless to say, all is now well with pumping.
We’re in the midst of preparing for Brady’s Baptism, but no one from the church has returned our calls, and we’ve been calling since before he was born. So, we’re faced with quite a dilemma at this point: do we keep trying with our church or do we branch off and find another? Between that and Brady’s first Halloween costume, there are many decisions to be made in the Jankowski household!
Until next time, enjoy the new pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment