Brady had his well-baby appointment this past Tuesday and I'm happy to report that all is well! He's gained over 2 pounds (now weighs 10 pounds 6 ounces), grown over 2 inches (is considered "tall" for his age at 22 1/4 inches!), and everything is developing normally. The doctor commented on his good vision and threw a guess out there that his eyes would stay blue. He asked about mine and Zach's parents' eye colors and when he heard that we both carry the recessive gene for blue eyes, he predicted Brady's would stay. We shall see! It's just fun to watch him grow and change, although it's happening a little too quickly for this mommy. He was a trooper, too; normally, he's not a fan of being naked, but he was so quiet and observant during his whole check-up. He didn't fuss once--what a good boy! The next appointment is at the end of the month and those are his shots, so his demeanor may change a bit then. Poor kid :o(
I did learn a valuable lesson while waiting for Brady to be called into his appointment, though. Babies are an attraction for everyone--not just the elderly at Giant Eagle. I had to fend off the toddlers in the waiting room because they all wanted to look, which really meant touch and poke and prod. One mother didn't help me any because she kept allowing her two sons to get close to Brady (who was sound asleep mind you) and yell right in his face! When she told one to back up, he SPIT on my son!!! There was actually spray visible on Brady's little face and his car seat. I was livid. Even though I wanted to crack the kid (and his mother), I just moved Brady (and his car seat!) onto my lap. I figured the next kid that wants to "see the baby" is going to have to get through me first.
Brady has also begun smiling a bit more which is wonderful! Pappy Barone always seems to elicit one; I think Brady likes his deep voice or something. Personally, as a teenager growing up under his roof, I found his voice terrifying! But I'm sure that baby Brady isn't being talked to in the tone that I was; then again, Brady isn't a mouthy 15 year-old either :o) As soon as I can catch him, I'll be sure to get a million photographs of that gummy grin!
No comments:
Post a Comment