Sunday, August 30, 2009
Smiles!
This morning, Brady was "talking" in his bassinet to let us know that he was awake and ready to roll, so I went in to get him. I said good morning and gave him kisses like I always do and wouldn't ya know I got the biggest smile in return!! It wasn't one of those I-just-made-a-surprise-for-you-in-my-diaper-and-it-felt-good kind of smile, this was a real deal! He knew my face and he knew my voice AND he was happy to see me! It was wonderful! So I've decided that I'm retiring on the spot because I can never leave him, obviously :o)
Brady also accompanied me to Giant Eagle today. He always falls asleep in the car so it's all but a guarantee that he would be knocked out by the time we got to the store. I was right. But I didn't count on seeing so many people I know, nor Brady being such an attraction for so many strangers! TWO HOURS later, I was only standing in the longest line EVER, praying that he wouldn't wake up and scream. Well, he began to stir and I began to sweat. A few people commented that I had the "new mother" look of fear, and all I kept thinking was how the heck I would keep him calm and quiet while strapped in his car seat and no bottle. Things were not looking good! He opened his eyes, whimpered a bit, and then let out a howl. I tried to talk to him, to rock him back and forth in the cart, caress his face and head, etc. He looked right at me, smiled another smile, and went back to sleep. It's like he was saying, "I'll behave for now, Mommy." And he did...until we got outside! As soon as we stepped foot out of the store (and I saw a convertible full of 4 enormous men parked in the new and expectant mothers parking spot that was unavailable for me because those insert-explicative-here parked there), Brady began crying and didn't stop until we got home. Luckily, it's only about two miles away, so it wasn't too bad!
Not much else is new except Zach officially goes back to school tomorrow. The school year has begun! I think Brady is really going to miss him. He asked me to give Daddy a card wishing him well in his 10th year of teaching, so we picked out a special one today. Things will certainly be different without Zach here, but I'm hoping we can manage. Oh and I think I may have suffered a battle wound: pretty sure I have a clogged milk duct! It hurts like CRAZY; feels like there's a handful of marbles shoved up under my skin. Makes holding the baby very uncomfortable when he decides he wants to wiggle and kick and punch...which is always. How the heck do I fix this?!
Enjoy some new pics courtesy of Pap Scalzott--he's so good at photographing our little guy! We have a well-baby check-up (I think that's what they're called...) on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to stop back and update everyone on his weight and other fun. I personally think he weighs about 40 pounds now, but that just may be me :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment