Monday, October 26, 2009

3 Month-iversary!

Today marks the third month of Baby Brady! We took the monthly picture in his chair with his bear and I was amazed at the difference just a few weeks makes! He's a different person every day and I can't bear to miss a second so that's why I've officially given notice to my school that I'm extending my maternity leave until the next school year. I am so excited to watch this little guy grow and change, I can't even explain how happy it makes my heart!

Back to Brady: he loves sitting up these days, in our lap or in his Bumbo seat. He's also realizing that he has hands and feet, and while he can't quite reach his toes yet, his little fingers are constantly in his mouth. He's drooling all over the place, but he's so happy that we just wipe his face and he goes about his business. He has a new laugh that is so high-pitched it frightened the dogs the first time they heard it; it's more of a squeal than a laugh. When he's super excited, he squeals! He doesn't quite giggle yet, but he's talking non-stop and is still full of smiles...and gas. He belches like a little man and his toots are loud enough to embarrass me in Giant Eagle--I know people think it's me!! He's noticing what's around him more and more, and he's also recognizing different textures. His new favorite game is pulling his soft blankets over his head when he's sleepy. While this game is good fun for Brady, we have to make sure the blanket doesn't stay over his head while he dozes! He's swaddled at night which helps keep his new game at bay, but during the day-time naps, he almost refuses to close his eyes unless he has something soft up against his face! He had been sleeping through the night for a couple of weeks, but for the past four or five nights, he's been waking again. Last night was about 2 am, then again at 5 am. He goes back down pretty easily, though, but normally he talks to himself for a while before nodding off. His little eyes follow everything--he's very observant. He still cries to let us know he's hungry, sleepy, or wet, but normally, that's the only time he's unhappy. He is honestly a wonderful baby.

Gram and Pap Scalzott just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary (yay!!), so me, Zach, Derek, and Kim took them to Michael A's in Oakmont for dinner tonight. (Even though it was Brady's day, he stayed home with Pappy and, from what I'm told, laughed the whole time.) It seems so far away that Zach and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, but I know just from watching Brady how fast life is going to come at us now. It's so important to really cherish every minute and enjoy the wonderful people in our lives. I've been reflecting on how incredibly fortunate Zach and I are to have such kind, generous, loving people in our lives; we are truly blessed. I look at Brady and can't imagine what life would be like without him. It's true that some days I would like to sleep in a little later, but waking to the sound of his voice and watching the smile explode on his face when he sees me makes the lack of sleep so worth it. Even though my shoe collection is now extinct because my feet have forever changed shape and size, and even though there is an extra layer of fat on my wider-than-ever hips, having a healthy, happy baby makes me appreciate my different body rather than hate it. Although, I have started an exercise regime in the "Jankowski Fitness Center" in hopes that I'll get back to my pre-baby weight and hopefully fit into some of my pants again! But overall, there is no better job in this world than to be a Mom. Here's to 3 months and many more!

2 comments:

  1. Aweee Mrs. Jankowski Brady's getting sooo big! He's getting to be a handsome Jankowski haha. He's even starting to make some of Mr. J's famous faces! I hope everything is going good with all of you! Take care, Emilie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I need to see this child again :-)

    ReplyDelete