Thursday, November 12, 2009

Brady's Baptism

This past weekend was an event-filled one for Baby Brady. On Saturday, we celebrated mine and Zach's birthdays with my side of the family (where we learned Brady does not appreciate the Happy Birthday song OR the blowing out of candles) and then at night, Jess, Ahren, Lisa, Andrew, and Nevada came over. The boys went out while the girls (and Brady) stayed in and chatted it up until the wee hours of the morning. Well, Lisa and Brady were fast asleep, but Jess and I giggled until about 1:30 am just like the good old days at college! The next day was Brady's baptism and it was gorgeous! My mom thinks Grandma Helen gave us the beautiful weather since she couldn't be with us. No matter the reason, the day was warm and sunny and wonderful. Brady was a perfect gentleman in the church; although, he did cry out when the Holy water hit his head, but he got over it really quickly. He posed for pictures and promptly fell asleep, allowing Mommy and Daddy to eat lunch without interruption, and that does NOT happen very often! We took our guests to the Addison House for a lunch celebration, and the owners were so kind to print up these menus for Brady. The food was delish (as was the cake!) and the company was even better. It's been a while since some of the family and definitely some of the friends had seen Brady, and everyone was thrilled with him. Who wouldn't be?! He looked so darn handsome in his little white tux, but I'm a little sad I don't have more full-body pictures of him. I guess that happens when he spends the majority of his baptism asleep! I did get a few cute shots the day after; I forced the tux and bow tie back on and Brady and I had ourselves a little photo shoot. He was such a good sport, too! I just LOVE this kid!

Just a shout out to everyone who shared Brady's special day with us: THANK YOU so much for celebrating our beautiful baby. It means so much and we appreciate you making the trip, taking the time, and giving so generously. The last time we were all at the Addison House together was to celebrate Zach and I getting married, so we were definitely feeling extra sentimental on Sunday! We love you all :)

In addition to all of the par-tays, Brady rolled over and laughed out loud for the first time! I feel that I should admit that he only did both of the aforementioned ONCE, but he still did it! The roll over was on the bed when he and I were reading on our tummies. He took his left arm, pushed off with it, and over he went! He was very excited with himself, but when I positioned him to roll again, he let out a screech that cracked all of the glass in our house, so I knew the rolling fun was done for the day. His laugh came Tuesday night. I was doing laundry and heard noise coming from Brady's nursery; over the whir of the dryer, I thought he was crying, but as it turns out, he was having a conversation with his mobile. I walk in the room and as soon as he sees my face, he lets out this huge belly laugh that I haven't heard since! I don't know if he and the animals on his mobile were amused by my horrific hair or what, but whatever it was, Brady found it hilarious. But, that's that. Since that night, he's reverted back to screaming, and that will have to suffice for laughter at least for now.

Enjoy the pics from his baptism and some other randoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment