It's only been a week or so, but baby Brady has certainly given us a lot to talk about! His first Halloween, his new language, and a few song choices top the list:
1. Mommy and Daddy aren't big on Halloween, so Brady got the short end of the costume stick this year. And we're so bad about Halloween that we completely forgot to take a picture of his glow-in-the-dark skeleton "costume!" To make up for it, we took a few of him sporting his glow-in-the-dark ghost onesie!
2. Brady is trying to talk, but it's obviously still gibberish...or is it? We've decided that because he's obviously brilliant, he's communicating in Mandarin. Granted, his Asian flare only shows itself when he's talking and crying (see the video posted below), but we're so sure he's bi-lingual (or maybe it's just mono-lingual at this point), we've nicknamed him Wong. So politically correct, I know.
3. The other night, I awoke with a song in my head that I haven't heard since I was a kid: "There's a Hole in the Bucket." My brother and I used to listen to a tape called Wee Sing Silly Songs, and that song was on the tape. So, that morning when I went in to get Brady, I graced him with my fabulous singing voice and belted out the entire tune, and it's a loooong tune! He LOVED it! I made it a personal mission to find the tape, but Grammy Barone beat me to it and picked up the CD at Borders! Brady and I are rocking out to the likes of "Michael Finnegan-begin-again," "The Ants Go Marching," and "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" I'm not sure who enjoys this more--me or Brady!
Some other fun milestones are the new change table and Brady's "motorboat." Because poor Brady almost did a nose dive off of our change table (it's a lovely hand-me-down, but the drawers stick and fall out and there is no railing or anything to help keep baby from pitching over the side!), we put all of our Babies R Us gift cards to good use and bought a new table. Once it's assembled, I'll post pictures. As for the motorboat, Brady has realized what fun sounds he can make with his lips. He sits and spits all day long!
His Baptism is this weekend--I can't wait to get him all dressed up in his white tux! I'm anticipating his screaming when the cold Holy water hits his head, but oh, well!
Enjoy the recent pics and (hopefully!) the video post!



No comments:
Post a Comment