Our little man is half a year old today! I cannot believe it! (I feel like I say that a lot in my blogs, but Brady really does leave me in awe these days!). Six months ago today, at 3:30 am, I met my son for the first time. I'll save the sappy memories for his first birthday, especially because I'm exceptionally susceptible to tears lately. (I don't know if it's hormones, the realization that Brady is growing up, or the heavy-hitting situation in Haiti, but poor Zach has come home from work to find me in tears more this past week than in all of our almost 8-year relationship. What a mess!!).
Anyhoo, Brady sure is changing. All of a sudden he has a ton of white, blond hair on his little head, he's rolling over like a champ (only from belly to back--he's still much too lazy to put all the effort into rolling from his back), he's talking like a mad man (many of our family think he has said "Mama;" therefore, I am dubbing that as his FIRST WORD!), he's content to entertain himself for over a half an hour in his bouncer, he's extremely observant, he's grabbing and holding onto things easily (he enjoys pinching and pulling skin, so beware to those of you who hold him!), and his voracious appetite rivals that of his dad's, as he can put away his veggies and fruits at lightening speed. He's definitely growing up, and I know that until his first birthday, time will fly and he'll wow us with something new every day. I hear the next few months are the ones in which Brady really turns into a "little person." His personality will become more apparent, his likes and dislikes will be more obvious, and the range of the things he'll learn to do will grow right along with him. How exciting!
Brady has been quite the social butterfly lately! Last week, we went to lunch with one of my Riverview co-workers and her son Noah, who is a month younger than Brady. It was adorable watching the boys "socialize;" at this age, socializing pretty much means they just stared at each other :-) At one point, both boys were hungry and a bit sleepy, and it was very interesting to see how differently they handled their respective situations: Baby Noah, snuggled into his mom's neck, was cooing, and quietly sucking his fingers. Brady, on the other hand, pushed away from me, using my face to launch his shove-off, ripped his pacifier out of his mouth, swung it over his head like a lasso, and then proceeded to grunt like a wart hog. Maybe our next baby will be a snuggler, but for now, we have a fiercely independent little guy on our hands.
In another social visit, Brady had his first play date with our neighbor, Ataleigh and her mom Lindsey. Ataleigh is 9-months old and is really cruising around! She's pulling herself up to stand, crawling all over the place, and narrating everything she does. Brady was impressed! He watched her quietly with big eyes, and then as she approached him, starting running in place as if to say, "I'll join you!" Lindsey and I held the babies in a standing position so that they could look at one another and it was adorable! Both looked at their mommies as if to ask permission to be friends, and then Brady reached out for Ataleigh. He's quite the flirt! What I noticed most, though, was the fact that Brady is as tall as this 9-month-old child. I'm curious how much At weighs, so I'll let you know when Lindsey gets back to me with her official weigh-in; if our son weighs as much as a 9-month old he either needs a diet or we'll just pretend he's going to be a giant and primed for athletics...or hot dog eating contests (that was Zach's contribution to this post)...
I don't really have that many new pics, but enjoy what's here! Brady and I are taking a secret field trip this Sunday (not even Daddy knows where we're going!), but I think I'll have a lot of cute pics from it. I'll be able to post them after Valentine's Day :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment