It took poor Zach almost 4 hours to shovel the bottom of the driveway out, and not until he was halfway done with the top of it, did our neighbor Norm offer to plow us out! Thanks, Norm, but where were ya 4 hours earlier?! We got close to 26 inches which meant the snow was past my knees (see below!):
Things were so bad that the Bishop gave his blessing for all good Catholics to stay home as opposed to risk their safety and attend mass. This was good news for us because we already decided we weren't taking the chance down EV Lane--those of you who are familiar with this road understand what I'm talkin' about! Ironically enough, though, Zach had cabin fever so bad that he insisted he pick up dinner. After he was back home safe and sound with our food, we learned that we were actually under a state of emergency and he wasn't supposed to be on the roads unless absolutely necessary. I guess he could have pleaded his case with, "My wife was going to COOK!" to avoid any fine :-)
Even though the snow has since stopped, it's piled up high everywhere and the temperatures are dropping. Because of these two factors (and possibly that some buildings are still without power and heat), most of the local schools have already canceled classes for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to another day snowed-in with my two favorite boys! I hear we may be in for some more snow, too, and I am loving it!
Random: the Saints just won the Superbowl! That's two bits of history in one weekend--how fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment