Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy 8-Monthiversary, Dear Brady!

Not much to report since I just wrote a few days ago, but Brady is now officially 8 months old! His month picture was yet again difficult to take; I think he's boycotting the whole idea of posing with a Pooh Bear. The pics are amusing at least :-) No teeth or crawling to speak of, but in a short time, he's really gotten better at attempting to sit up from lying on his back. He's starting to understand that if he turns onto his side and uses his arms to lift his little body, he'll eventually be upright. I'm sure we still have a few more weeks of practice to perfect this move, but it's fun watching him learn :-)

He's been sleeping so well (knock on wood), and that makes me very happy! He's been hyper at night which is strange because he used to drink himself sleepy and snuggle after his bottle. Not any more. He's interested in the dogs. He's interested in the lights. He's interested in remote controls and phones of all kinds. Once the bed time bottle is done, he wants more jumping time. No matter how active he is, though, once he's wrapped and ready for snooze time, it's a matter of minutes before he's out. I sure wish I were like that!

In the last few days, Brady has also shown interest in holding his own sippy cup. I'm excited for the day when he'll actually feed himself! He does well holding the handles, but still needs to get the hang of sucking through the spout. It's a heavy duty cup, so I was just happy he could pick it up!

Zach comes home tomorrow night; we're excited to have him back! We've been keeping in touch through e-mail and phone, but it's not the same. I do believe I'll have to accompany the Plum baseball team on their trip next year. I'm sure Zach wouldn't mind lugging his wife and son along....

That's it from these parts! The next few weekends are busy, busy, busy, but they're sure to bring tons of cute pictures. Until next time, Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment