Monday, July 12, 2010

More "Firsts" for Brady

In the last few days, Brady has really wowed us with some new tricks. In less than a week, he's learned the number one, begun clapping, begun pointing at things when we ask, "Where is the...," and if I'm not mistaken, he's saying, "Hi." Zach is foiling the "hi," but more on that later.

As his birthday (*sob*) is just around the corner, we've been asking him how old he'll be. It's pretty cool that he can answer us:
This morning during breakfast, he had four more bites of his fruit and I started counting down. When I got to "one," he actually held up one finger! I was surprised because I thought he only knew "one" in the context of how old he'll be. I was impressed to say the least.

He knows where the doggies and Elmo are, so he'll point those out to us. We asked him where Mama and Dada are, but so far, he's not sure. Nice to see where we rank with him. Maybe he's confused about Dada since every time I practice "Hi" with him, Zach takes it upon himself to yell out, "HOOAH!" I guess it makes sense that the kid is confused; he thinks his father is Al Pacino...


When we aren't playing with Brady (AKA: demanding he amuse us with tricks), he's busying himself with his favorite pastime, stacking and nesting cups, or more recently, climbing things. He climbed our entire flight of steps the other day, and when Zach was watching him so I could enjoy lunch with some gal pals, Brady climbed onto his bouncer and Zach found him face down, spread eagle on top of the thing.


We've officially begun the transition to milk. So far, so good. When he wakes up from his nap, he gets lunch with milk in his sippy cup as opposed to another bottle. We've only done this for a few days, but it's working well. Eventually, every bottle will be replaced with a sit-down meal and milk. While this is exciting, it's also overwhelming because it means that this kitchen-phobic mother has to create nutritious, Brady-friendly meals. Here's hoping I don't burn down the neighborhood.

Rewinding a bit, we celebrated the 4th of July with some swimming, early birthday gifts for Brady, and a family reunion.


Because my mom's sister's family will be on vacation over Brady's birthday, they graced him with some new clothes and an Elmo mailbox early. The gifts were very thoughtful, but Brady was much more interested in the bag and tissue paper.

On the 4th, we headed to my dad's side of the family for a reunion. It was so great seeing everyone! There were so many people, we had to wear name tags, but Brady didn't mind a bit.


The other day someone called Brady a girl. Zach heard. The first hair cut is scheduled for next Monday. After looking at some of these pics, I'm left wondering why we waited so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment