Zach and I attended the Livengood's annual Halloween Costume Party this past Saturday and while we're admittedly not the biggest Halloween fans, we always enjoy a party thrown by Lisa and Andrew. This year, though, we appreciated our costumes a bit more than normal because they actually WON! Mine (see below and sorry for the poor quality...) won for most original; Zach's won for best all around.
 |
| Creepy, yet original = winner! |
He was supposed to dress up as this HBO character Kenny Powers, but who knew a synthetic wig wouldn't curl?! After almost catching everything in the bathroom on fire, we were left with a straight mullet and not much else. Luckily, Zach's uncle had just handed down a "vintage" flannel, and that paired with his dad's old fishing hat, Zach looked like he belonged to Andrew's family! He wore a name tag that read "Backwood Livengood" and I guess his insult to his host paid off; we're a bucket of candy and a Subway gift card richer :-)
 |
| Backwood Livengood with Flo, the Progressive Agent! |
On Sunday, we joined Gram and Pap, Uncle Derek and Aunt Kim, and the newest addition to the family: the gigantic television for the Steelers game. Brady certainly enjoyed all of the attention, especially from Aunt Kim:
 |
| Anyone who makes noise with Brady is okay in his book! |
In addition to his supersonic noises, Brady is NEVER still. Just watching him exhausts me! His busy days must exhaust him, too, because he's been sleeping between 12 and 13 hours a night for the past week! He goes to bed around 8 and doesn't budge until around 9; today he slept until 9:45! It's insane! I pray it lasts when the new baby gets here because I could certainly see myself taking advantage of that extra morning sleep!! But like with everything Brady (and child) related, I'm sure this, too, is but a passing phase. It is my favorite passing phase to date, though!
 |
| Looks like he has a beer gut! |
Today is Rick and Terri's anniversary, yet they were kind enough to spend the better part of their afternoon with Sir Brady. I got a lot done while they doted on their grandson: the room that will soon be Brady's is officially all cleared out, the upstairs is spic and span, and my school work is all caught up. It's rainy and cloudy which is the perfect recipe for a nap (which is what Brady is doing now...) but I have to be strong and resist the urge! The first trimester (today begins my 12th week!) is draining for me and being sick on top of being pregnant really wiped me out, so I was used to lying down for a bit with Brady. It's a hard habit to kick, especially with that heavenly new mattress...but I will persevere! All my candy winnings will surely keep me awake :-)
 |
| My boys need a hair cut!! |
This coming weekend, Zach and I are going to see Bill Cosby at Heinz Hall. We're pumped! Sunday we'll celebrate my cousin Lauren's 15th birthday, and then Monday, Brady and I both have doctor appointments. Hopefully there will be a new baby heartbeat and a height/weight update to speak of after said appointments! I'm excited to see how much Brady has grown; I'm less excited to see how much I've grown :-) Until the numbers are in, enjoy the slide show!
I'm glad to see Brady with no pants on after all of your comments about E
ReplyDelete;-)