Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby J-2's Early Arrival...

Yep, you read that correctly: Baby J-2 has arrived and his name is Zachary. I certainly expected a bit of sibling rivalry between Brady and his little brother or sister, but never in a million years did I anticipate the father-son antics that I have witnessed over the past week. In the last four days, I have watched my husband debate our son on matters like music, milk, and other pertinent life topics. For instance, on the way back from the mall, Brady was (loudly) requesting his favorite CD. Since we still had 20 minutes left in the car, I was happy to oblige so I didn't have to listen to "Ham! Peeze! Ham!" the rest of the way home. Zach, on the other hand, had another idea. He promptly put in his CD and started singing along at volume 20. This infuriated Brady; he began yelling over Zach's off-key attempts to match Frankie Valli's falsettos and I was stuck in the middle of it all.

Father-son bonding without debate...

Then last night close to bed time, Brady asked for milk. We told him no because too much to drink late at night is never a good combination, but I guess the mere mention of milk was pretty enticing to someone else. Directly after telling his son no, Zach walked over to the fridge and poured himself a nice cold glass, right in front of Brady. This, of course, started World War III, and Brady started screaming and crying. Zach, ever the realist, tried explaining why it was okay for big boys to have something to drink right before bed but not little boys who still wear diapers. As you can imagine, this did not go over well. It took ten minutes to calm the child who then went to bed still whimpering, "Milk..."


"Miiiiiilk..."

Despite going head-to-head with the patriarch of the family, Brady has been feeling so much better. I swear he had been sick since Christmas Eve when he had a low fever that turned into a cold that turned into vomiting that turned into diarrhea that turned into constipation. The poor kid wasn't able to shake the sick bug no matter what we tried, but finally, FINALLY, he seems to be back to his old self. He's smiling again and acting silly again and I can't tell you how happy that makes us! He's also back to purposely defying me (only me, he listens to Zach...), so I know that he's making progress!!

Really starting to resemble his Dad!

 We've done a nice job keeping our goal to hook Brady up with some play dates. Last week, my friend Ashley and her daughter Madison came over for a bit and the kids played pretty well together. Toward the end of an hour and a half, though, Brady was starting to get a little antsy; Madison isn't as mobile as he and therefore, he was starting to get bored with her. At one point, he walked over to her and waved in her face and said, "Byebye," and I was beyond humiliated. Thank goodness Ashley isn't the type to be offended so easily; she took the hint and the girls left so Brady could eat his lunch.

Thankfully he's amused by me!


Tomorrow, we're meeting up with one of my old high school friends and her son, Chase. We're going to their place and I think Brady will appreciate the change of scenery. Also, Chase is 2, so he'll probably be a better match for on-the-go Brady. And if not, I'm sure he'll let us know...

Golfing

This is the last week of my second trimester! I feel pretty good considering all of the aches and pains I could have, but I'm still not sleeping that well. I broke out the maternity pillow, but it's not doing the trick this time. Someone else is really enjoying it, though...


As weird as it sounds, I'm looking forward to going into labor! I see it as a challenge that I'm ready to tackle and I'm definitely ready to meet our little one! We've been trying to have the baby name discussion, but that's pretty impossible with a guy like Zach. I do believe that we've decided on a boy name, but his ideas for girl names include Wilma and Barb so we're clearly not done talking. While I respect the Barb suggestion since that's his grandmother's name, you don't see me throwing Helen or Merle into the pot!

Week 27

The Steelers obviously lost the Superbowl, but we did get some cute photos! If we can't get a win, at least we can get Pappy in an umbrella hat...


New bathtub crayons!
Very proud of his scribbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment