Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hello, Third Trimester!

This Monday marked the first day of our third trimester! I can't believe I'm in the last stages of this pregnancy. I keep reminding myself to enjoy it as much as I can, but being sick every week hasn't helped maintain the appreciation for the fact that I can't overdose on NyQuil. Oh and remember how in my last post I was so happy that Brady was finally over his illnesses? Yeah, I lied. He's sick with a cold, too. Gotta love these western Pennsylvania winters...

Anyway, we've been pretty busy lately. Jen and Doug's little girl Lani turned one (I can't believe it! I remember the second she was born--incredible!), and my Gram turned 80. We celebrated both milestones this weekend so it was a lot of good food and great people!

She needed a little help blowing out the candles :-)

Brady's last play date with the two-year-old Chase was...interesting. Little Chase met us at the door wearing his PJ top and no bottoms, not even a diaper. His mom was in the midst of cleaning up the poo he had just rubbed onto the walls and carpets when we arrived, if that's any indication of how the rest of the play date went! Chase enjoyed Brady's light-up Thomas shoes so much so that he tried to take them off of him...while he was still wearing them. It's difficult to walk with a toddler attached to the bottom of your shoe, but Brady managed. Chase also didn't allow Brady to hold anything that belonged to him...or to Brady for that matter. Any time my poor kid had something in his hand, be it one of Chase's toys or his very own cup, Chase would rip it from his grasp. I observed this happen quite a few times, and was pretty impressed with the way Brady handled it: he just picked up something else. My kid never got upset, never grabbed or hit back, and eventually just put his hands behind his back as if to say, "FINE! I don't want any of your stuff!" I was extremely proud of my son especially because I was on the verge of a volcanic-like explosion; leave it to the 19-month-old to teach the 30-year-old a lesson in patience. We left after about an hour and that's all I have to say about that.

Hehe :-)

Our fabulous doula Gretchen was originally scheduled to visit Sunday, February 20th, but she wanted to meet us before my next doctor appointment (which was today), so she graced us with her presence this past Saturday. She is exceptionally down-to-earth, very straight-forward and honest, and since she has had two successful VBACs herself, knows exactly how I'm feeling and what I hope to experience in doing this. And I need to make a correction: in a previous post, I wrote that her VBAC success rate was 90-something. I was wrong. Her overall vaginal birth rate is 90-something; her VBAC rate is 100%! She talked with Zach and I and got to meet Brady, and I feel like we're all in good hands with her. Zach is particularly impressed with the fact that she makes homemade pierogies; I think he's secretly hoping to cash in on those at some point.

Love from Daddy


Today's doctor appointment was fabulous! The baby is growing as she (more on that in a minute) should be, my blood pressure is actually a little lower than it was before but still in that "very healthy range," and my weight...drum roll please...hasn't changed one pound since last month! When I told the doctor with whom I met today, Dr. Goetz, that I was scolded last month, she just rolled her eyes and said, "Men have no idea what the body goes through in order to grow a person." Well, amen to that sister! She also said that, once in labor at the hospital, I can be monitored and stay mobile. This is huge because I was told by my original practice that I would need constant monitoring, some of which was internal, and that I would pretty much be stuck to my bed. Not the case, says Dr. Goetz; there are radio-like signals that transmit through the mobile monitors and that allow me to walk the halls if that's what I want to do. I'm pretty excited about that! I'm feeling better and better about this birth every day!

The chalkboard at Grammy and Pappy's house!


As for my direct reference to Baby J-2 being a "she," I couldn't help myself: I came across a $3 onesie that I just had to have:



We shall see!

Because Brady has all these shirts that say stuff like, "My Grandma Loves Me," I couldn't leave out the Grandpaps this time! Granted, I have probably just jinxed us into having another boy, but so be it! This was $3 well spent, dang it!


28 Weeks--whoa baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment