Ever since the doctor told us that the older kids are almost right with their sibling predictions, we've been really curious to see what the boy would say. But each time we ask Brady if we're having a boy or girl, if he's getting a brother or sister, he doesn't answer. At first we thought it was just because he didn't understand the question (seeing as how he answered "oatmeal" the first few times...), but it's quite obvious now that he's simply refusing to share his prediction with us! After my appointment yesterday, though, we may not have to wait until May to find out...
 |
| Happy Birthday, Brady! |
I have been having some cramping and back aches, and coupled with the Borders incident, I thought it best to tell the doctor about it. This led to an impromptu internal exam which proved quite interesting. (Warning: the possibly too-much-personal-pregnant-lady information is coming up!) My cervix has already shortened, is 50% effaced/softened, and beginning to dilate. The baby has in fact dropped and is positioned, head down, very low. During the exam, the doctor could feel his/her head and was a little surprised at just how low it is. These details could mean nothing; things could remain this way until the middle of May. Or it could mean that my body is gearing up for labor a little too early. The ultimate goal is to bake Baby J-2 for another few weeks (at least) and I have to take it easy for the remainder of the pregnancy. Zach, of course, is now paranoid and doesn't want me to leave the house. Ever. While I certainly appreciate his concern, that just won't be happening!
 |
| Father and son! |
Aside from the surprise exam, the rest of the news was good. I've gained a healthy amount of weight...although it was suggested I don't gain any more. (Yeah, tell that to the Easter Bunny!) My blood pressure is good if even a little high for me at 108/80. The baby's heart rate was also good at 166 bpm and the nurse actually ventured a guess that it's a girl based on the faster heart rate. I'm not so sure because Brady's was always fast, but since we have decided on a boy's name, it probably will be a girl! After all, that is how our Mia Rose came to be Brady Thomas!! Anyway, the the baby is measuring perfectly for where we are in the pregnancy, which means we're poised and ready for a successful VBAC! The doctor commented more than once how healthy both me and the baby are, and she said she has a really good feeling about the VBAC. Suffice to say, Dr. Hoca is now in the running for my favorite! :-)
 |
| Mother and son! |
 |
| Still a great sleeper to this day! |
I have officially completed and sent the paperwork for my leave from work, so that makes things even more official! The possibility of Baby J-2 making an early arrival has Zach and I pretty pumped, and also reminiscing, hence the baby pictures of Brady throughout this post. We cannot wait to welcome this little guy or gal into our family and I am--dare I say-- actually looking forward to those middle-of-the-night feedings where the rest of the world is asleep while my baby is in my arms. Until then, though, we shall wait, and pray, that Brady's brother or sister joins our family when the time is right and when he/she is healthy.
 |
| One week old <3 |
No comments:
Post a Comment