| Compare this 33 weeks pic to the 32 weeks; there's a BIG difference!! |
Brady and I met Aunt Jen, Uncle Doug, and Lani for what was supposed to be a relaxing morning at the Mills, but things quickly took a turn for the not-so-fun when we were in Borders. I got super sick in Borders, was forced to drag poor Brady in the restroom with me, and eventually got scared enough that I called Jen on her cell and asked her to come help me! I felt like I was having another gallbladder attack which is impossible since I no longer have a gallbladder, but I was dizzy, nauseous, couldn't stop sweating, and then the pains came. My belly got really tight and really hard and the pain was stabbing, not mounting like with regular contractions, so I didn't know what the heck was going on.
| Ready to be a big brother...just not yet!! |
Jen wanted to drive me to the hospital or home, but I wanted to give it some time so I didn't worry Zach. As the words, "I don't want to scare Zach" were leaving my lips, he called my cellphone. I could barely catch my breath, but I answered and explained what was going on. He, of course, panicked and insisted he come and get me, but I bargained for some time and with some deep breaths and a few relaxation techniques I learned in my childbirth classes two years ago, I composed myself and knew I could drive home. I had to put an early end to Brady's playdate, but we made it home safely. The only thing that kept going through my mind was that Zach was supposed to go golfing and, just like when I went into labor with Brady, he stayed home to make sure all was well. Luckily this time it wasn't labor, but I sure did think it was the real deal for a while there!! Those sharp, stabbing pains on top of an already very active fetus do not make for a good combination! Braxton-Hicks are the devil!
| Going pro! |
Brady's golf obsession has taken over our lives. He wants to do nothing else with his time, he watches it intently when I relent and put it on TV, and his very favorite part of the game is now watching his Dad practice in the back yard. The first time he witnessed this godly event was from his bedroom window, so now each morning when he wakes up, he runs to the window in hopes of seeing Zach out there swinging away. I can tell the little man is in awe that Daddy hits the ball every time. Well, almost every time ;-)
| I just love them! |
Everyone wants to give Brady lessons in form, stance, club grip, etc., but he's not as interested in all of that as he is posing after each swing. As I know next to nothing about golf, except that the likelihood of Brady receiving a blow to the head from a linebacker is next to none therefore I am 100% in support of this athletic endeavor, I opt to just be the photographer!
| "The Post-Swing Pose" |
We've had a stretch of good weather (well, until today what with the hail, tornado warnings, and possible snow tonight...), so we've been outside quite a bit. I can't wait until spring is hear in temperature and not just name; I know Brady is going to LOVE being outside more often. I'll just have to limit the wagon rides until Baby J-2 comes; the other day I pulled the boy up and down our road just once and thought I would die. I'm not ashamed to admit that I needed a nap that day, too!
| Pappy critiques his form |
We finally got rid of the enormous old-school television that has been taking up space in the corner of our living room; one of Zach's students and his dad picked it up today! This a load-off for me because I wanted that thing outta here before the baby came so we could comfortably accommodate the Pack-in-Play and swing. In other nesting news, Zach has finished the toilet/shower room of our bathroom. We chose blues and browns and so far, so good! We feel like we're at the beach and it's wonderful!
| Pals :-) |
We're still waiting to schedule the won't-be-necessary-repeat-C-section. Each time I've called, Magee isn't ready to schedule May patients yet, so I'm told to try back a few days later. I guess I'll keep trying even though I'm clearly wasting everyone's time :-) In fact, Zach doesn't even think I'll make it to Easter. Let's see how accurate his fatherly instincts are!
No comments:
Post a Comment