Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brady and Baby J-2 Updates!

I was re-reading some old posts (at 3 am because I can't sleep through an entire night these days) and realized I was wrong about only having one pregnancy dream with Brady. I had forgotten the second dream, where a nurse announced that she could see boy parts and I then yelled at her for ruining the surprise we had waited 9 months for. So...if that's any indication of how my dreams determine the gender of our children, Zachary and I better find a boy's name we agree on and pronto!

32 Weeks! Love that belly <3

Since we're on the subject of one Mr. Brady Thomas, on Friday he woke up and decided that it was the perfect day to test his boundaries...and my patience. The morning began with him kicking like a donkey on the change table. This is not uncommon, though it is mostly remedied with simple questions that distract him like, "Where is your nose? Can you point to the baseball?" Such was not the case that day. He continued to kick and caught me on the arm, so I had to use my stern teacher voice and explain boo-boos and all that jazz. He stopped kicking, so I thought it was over. It was not. When I bent over him to fasten his diaper, he soccer kicked me so hard right in the belly that tears immediately sprung to my eyes. I'm ashamed to admit that my instinctual reaction was to slap his bare leg, but alas, that is what I did. He cried, I cried, and then I rocked him for about ten minutes afterward. I tried to explain in as simple terms as possible that it is not okay to kick people because it hurts and it's not nice. I then quietly scolded myself for teaching the "no kicking" rule by hitting him. Hypocrite.

Practicing for the big game

Later in the day, he was throwing every and anything he could get his hands on, including the dogs' bone. This is a large, hard bone that, if it hit someone (or something), it would definitely do damage. I told him no and was walking toward him to get it when he fired it and it cracked off of Bella's leg. This earned Brady his first time-out. Unfortunately, I didn't have a time-out plan, so he ended up in his room, in his bed, bawling. I waited outside of his room for about two minutes and when I went back in, he was yelling, "Mum! Suh-yee" (Sorry). I couldn't help but smile and thankfully, the rest of the day went much smoother.

"Home-yun" (Homerun!)

Even though the boy is displaying his baseball skills in these pictures, his new found love is...golf. It's so painful to watch the dang sport as it is, and now he requests it as part of his television viewing experience. He especially enjoys when the guys swing their clubs and when the ball goes into the sand or water. While he clearly doesn't understand the point of the game, it is pretty entertaining to listen to him yell things like "Good shot!" and "Missed it!" He's also trying to emulate Zach as much as possible these days. They "work out" together in the Jankowski Fitness Center and Brady tries to perform walking lunges just like his daddy. In fact, he was practicing said lunges while we were at the doctor's office for Baby J-2's check-up today. Zach and I were laughing so hard and everyone else in the place was pretty entertained, too!

Perfecting his balancing act!

Speaking of the check-up, all is well with me and baby. I've gained two more pounds, the baby's heart rate is 140 bpm, and her head is already down and ready for the big day. I also got to meet the infamous Dr. Shaheen and I do believe my having put her up on a pedestal proved fruitless. While she was very kind and attentive, she and I are just not on the same page in terms of how we feel about pregnancy (I love it, she thinks it's a bit inconvenient), inducing labor (I say no thank you, she thinks it's a good solution to relieve the discomforts of pregnancy), and repeat c-sections (I'll schedule mine if need be, she scheduled hers the day after her due date to get things over with ASAP). Anyway, if I am two weeks past due, I have no choice but to have a repeat Cesarean, so Zach and I are currently looking at the calendar to see what day works best. We're leaning toward the Friday after, which is 4 days past due, but because it's Friday the 13th, we may rethink that date! I feel pretty confident that I'll go into labor around my due date, so having to schedule this repeat c/s is no biggie.

His cup is stuck in his shirt!

To conclude the longest post ever, I have to mention that Zach is currently "nesting." Albeit quite different than my kind of nesting, he's in full force. It's presently 9:30 pm and he's upstairs painting our master bathroom. How this pertains to a newborn is beyond me, but the white walls made him snap the other day and he deemed this project as immediately necessary. Whatever floats his boat, I guess ;-) Before and after pictures to come!

He yelled "Stuck" until I was done taking pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment