Monday, April 18, 2011

Full-term, Baby!

Any worries about Baby J-2 coming early are now null and void as today marks the "full-term" point in the pregnancy. That's a huge sigh of relief you just heard from me :-)


This is what 37 weeks of baking a baby looks like :-)

Today's appointment went well. Dr. Kremser has given my weight gain and blood pressure two thumbs up, and is very happy with how active the baby is and his/her heart rate: 152 bpm. The little one's head is still very low so we're taking that as a sign it'll stay that way and, in Dr. Kremser's words, we're "primed and ready for that VBAC!" I told him word on the street is that he just delivered a baby after two previous c-sections and he laughed because he didn't realize he was such a hot topic of conversation. All I know is when I heard about the VBA2C, I was quite impressed with him for giving the Mama a chance not many other OBs would have given.


Zach is amused by my wearing this shirt: my belly is the volleyball he says...

After my appointment, I ran into Walmart and it was a nutty experience to say the least.
First, the greeter lady took it upon herself to invade my personal space and start asking all these questions about the pregnancy. Normally, I'm more than happy to talk baby, but seriously, lady, let a girl shop!! I actually had to start pushing my cart away so she would just take her hands off of it and let me be! When I finally got away from her, I'm in the produce aisle and (I'm horrible for this, don't judge!) this cross-eyed worker who has three teeth and the frizziest hair I've ever seen in my life corners me with her lettuce cart and SHE starts asking me questions about the baby! She reaches out to touch my belly and without being too rude, I side-step her and pretend I have to get lemons. So, I throw a few in my cart. I don't want lemons. I don't need lemons. But lemons kept this stranger from feeling me up. So then she's telling me about how I'm definitely carrying a boy and proceeds to call to two of her co-workers who are 30 feet away; she YELLS to them: "THIS IS WHAT I LOOKED LIKE WHEN I WAS PREGNANT! SEE?!" Meanwhile, I have a sweater on and I'm standing behind my cart, so she feels it necessary to lead me by the arm out from behind the cart and starts spotlighting my belly like she's Vanna White and I'm the phrase of the day. Her co-workers could not care less so I'm left standing there like a real moron with too many lemons in my cart. Good thing my sense of humor was also in that cart, or it could've gotten ugly in Wally World!



Brady, waiting patiently for Pap-Tom's arrival!

The pool installation has been postponed (again) for this Friday, so hopefully the next post will include pictures of it! Until then, I'm off to nap because Dr. Kremser said I should get as much shut-eye as possible. I knew I liked him :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment