Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter, Happy Baby!

Our Easter break came and went and with it, opportunities for a photo opp of Brady all dressed up. I feel bad that I didn't take more pictures, but our day was such a blur and I was honestly so hot and gross that breaking out the camera just wasn't a priority! Bad Mommy.


The only picture we got!

It's always great to see the extended family, though. Brady got to visit Punxsutawney, Spring Church, and then Monroeville. It was a long day and because we didn't get home until late, he didn't get his Easter basket until after his bath. He still seemed to enjoy everything...especially his new shovel and rake! As you can see, he needed some tools more his size:


His shoveling face!

The reason why he wants to shovel :-)

Even though Brady could have cared less, I was excited about the Big Brother shirt the Easter bunny brought him! We can't wait to see him run into the hospital to meet his little brother or sister wearing this bad boy:




Speaking of our imminent trip to the hospital, we're ever closer to the big day! Week 38 of Baby J-2 in the Making has been marked with a one pound weight gain, 110/72 blood pressure, and some swelling of the extremities. I'll take the swelling, though; this weather (minus the rain) has been excellent! And more importantly, the baby is doing well. His/her heart rate was 147 bpm, he/she is poised and ready for arrival at the -2 station. I'm 2 centimeters dilated and 70% effaced which could mean nothing...or could mean something! I like to pretend it means the baby will be here a bit earlier than the due date, but that's just this gal's dream!


38 Weeks = Big Mama :-)


I'm exceptionally sore and achy this time around, but my wonderful husband has been pitching in where he can. Tonight, he did the grocery shopping and yesterday he took care of Brady's bath and bed time so I could lie down. Even though Brady is what we consider to be  a pretty good kid, he sure does make me sleepy! He is never, ever still--well, not usually...

A rare moment of calm; he's reading!

The next Baby J-2 appointment is on my dad's birthday, May 4th. Maybe we'll be able to give PapTom a special gift this year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment