Monday, May 2, 2011

1 Busy Boy, 1 Week Until Baby, and...1 Dead Terrorist?

This weekend sure was a whirlwind of random events. Saturday's weather was so incredibly perfect that we spent the majority of our day outside. My busy boy actually refers to Zach who kept himself plenty busy mowing the lawn, landscaping stuff, building the world's biggest mulch bed, etc. While he did this, I tried to keep up with Brady who insisted we wail golf balls all over the yard. Needless to say, I eventually ended up a spectator seated in a comfortable lounge chair. Later in the afternoon, we attended a first birthday party for a friend's son (where Brady ate them out of house and home), and then the boy and I returned to "Hawk Wawey," which is where we live if you ask him, to do some napping. In the evening, Zach and I went out for a final date night before the baby comes. The waitress messed up my dinner and gave us free dessert, so I'd have to say Saturday was a success!



Then came Sunday. It was rainy, a little colder, and I thought my hips were going to split in half. "A side effect of pregnancy," as my husband calls it. I thought I was going to be in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. This round ligament pain, as the experts call it, is no joke. Neither is my incredible urge to clean everything; nesting is a real hazard to a pregnant lady's health! Despite the discomfort, I managed to do countless loads of laundry and clean really important things...like the shelves that hold the laundry detergent. For whatever reason, I'm waiting to do actual important things, like packing my hospital bag, until the very last minute. I figure I'll need something to keep my mind off of the fact that I'm in labor, and packing up a bag seems like a nice way to handle it. Plus, those laundry shelves were disgusting. Priorities, people!



Today, Monday, May 2, 2011, marks the 39th week of my pregnancy, as well as the world-wide announcement that at some point last night, Osama bin Laden was captured and murdered. On one hand, I want to rejoice with the majority of other Americans, and I can guarantee you that had I lost a loved one as a direct result of that psycho, I'd be on the "God Bless America" bandwagon. But for whatever reason, I feel like celebrating the murder of another human being is a bit weird. Granted, the dude needed to go, but I feel like we should just be grateful he's no longer a threat, but ever aware that there are other very real threats who are probably a little ticked off Osama is adrift at sea. Un-American? I think just paranoid. I shall blame hormones.


I'm already on maternity leave in my head. It is not pretty. I do the least amount of work as possible thinking that tomorrow, I'll leave it all up to someone else. Not quite a team player, I realize, but Dang It! Stuff needs done. For instance, I have to alphabetize all of the books on the shelves in our office. Life would be so much easier if I just knew what kind of baby to shop for; we'd be decked out in blues or pinks rather than Pledge and Windex.

Next appointment is Wednesday. I'll be back with the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment