Monday, May 16, 2011

One Week Old!

I can't even believe that just last week, I was in labor at the dinner table; today, I'm holding my baby girl in my arms while Brady shows her his golf swing. And the cherry on the sundae is that I am recovering so well and so comfortably--all hail the VBAC!

No pants, a goofy hat, and a golf club. Yep, that's about right.

We hosted a little meet-and-greet for Ella on Saturday. Most of the family was able to make it which was wonderful. Brady definitely enjoyed himself; he played himself silly and then slept for 14 hours afterward. The weather was perfect and although Miss Ella napped the entire time, I think it's safe to say she was grateful for the visitors.

Ella meets Nonna


Ella has been eating and sleeping very well. She really only wakes twice a night and she goes back down fairly easily. Brady hasn't heard a peep and we are so grateful for that! I have a friend whose daughter would wake with her newborn brother because she was afraid she was missing a party! Thank goodness Brady sleeps as soundly as Zach; I'm not sure what I would do with two wide awake kiddos at 2 am!

Uncle Duane, Lauren, and Aunt Elaine


I have to admit, I was always anti-pink and frills when growing up, but having a little girl sure changes things! I can't get enough of the flowers, the ruffles, the lace! Even the blankets are more adorable for girls! What's not adorable is this child's ability to projectile poop; just today, what I thought was a "toot" ended up all over my arm. 'Nuf said about that.

How many Grandmas does it take to change a diaper?! :-)


Maternity leave is a wonderful thing! All this free time is certainly being put to good use. I'm in the process of putting together Ella's birth announcements and finishing a photobook for her, and just today I've done 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed the first floor, and managed to shower and brush my teeth! Brady is currently napping, Ella's on her way to snoozing, and I think I just may close my eyes for a bit before Zach gets home. This is the life!

Kisses from her big brother <3

Checkin' out the pool!

Uncle Derek and Aunt Kim bring the gift AND put it together!!  


My family <3
"Please, no more pictures!"

No comments:

Post a Comment