Finally, the rain has relented! This weekend has been absolutely beautiful and we took full advantage of it. On Saturday, Zach deemed it necessary to clean out the entire garage in an effort to make room for "pool stuff." While he lifted and rearranged and swept, Brady, Ella, and I hung out under some umbrellas around the sandbox and water table. I almost felt bad for not helping, but then I remembered I just birthed him a daughter. Even. ;-)
 |
| Ella's first trip to the sandbox--riveting! |
Our friends' generosity and thoughtfulness have continued. One of our neighbors brought us over a bag full of food because she said the weather was too nice to cook! Amen to that, sister! And out of the clear blue, we got a blast from the past: the same sweet gal who bought Brady the personalized blanket we used in all of his monthly pictures did the same for Ella! Emilie, if you're reading this, you really made our day! How incredible of you to even remember us, let alone spend your hard earned money on a beautiful PINK blanket for Miss Ella. THANK YOU! We'll be sure to put it to good use with her monthly pics, too!
 |
| Ella's blanket :-) |
I still can't get over how wonderful I feel. I continue to be thankful I avoided a repeat c-section (especially having labored again) because I honestly don't know if I would have been able to pick up Brady or get him in and out of his crib. Our doula, Gretchen, made her final visit yesterday and commented on how good I'm getting around. She also said Ella looks great, so I'm hoping that means she's getting enough to eat and the nursing is going as well as I think it is! Before she left, Gretchen gave us the video montage and still photos she took during labor and delivery and while a few are too graphic to share here, some of them are really awesome! I've put together a little slide show at the end of this post with those pics and a few others. The black and white ones of Brady are from a friend's son's first birthday party. Her gal pal is a professional photographer and just snapped random shots of the boy and I am in LOVE with them! I contacted her, offered to pay her for them, and she refused! She just sent them to me and now I own them. That's almost unheard of these days with copyright crap! The best part about this girl is that she will come to us or go to any location we want, allow as many outfit changes as an hour will allow, gives us one 5x7, one 8x10, AND all of the photos on CD which again means we own them! Did I mention she does all this for $80? I am beyond thrilled with her! She's coming out in a few weeks to photograph the Jankowski Family in our natural habitat. That should be interesting!!
 |
| For whatever reason, he loves that hat... |
There are only 11 days of school left and I cannot wait until Zach is home with us every day. Even though things are going well so far, it's difficult juggling a Brady and an Ella sometimes! Thank goodness for maternity leave, afternoon naps, and floating around the pool on a huge raft bathed in sunshine ;-)
 |
| Deck construction should start within the next two weeks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment