| One Month! |
Unfortunately, poor Ella's face has exploded with baby acne. We've opted to postpone our family photo shoot which may make us vain, but we've decided we don't care. It's not bothering her, so we really shouldn't worry about it, but it just makes us so sad! Know what else makes me sad? People, including complete strangers, questioning me, implying that I've somehow caused this to happen to Ella: did I have acne as a baby? As a teenager? Did I wear a new perfume when holding Ella? Am I washing our clothes in the right detergent? Did I eat something that doesn't agree with the baby? Since I'm the mother, it must be my fault, right?!! Give a girl a break!
| Aunt Jen, Lani, Ella, and me |
I'm done ranting. Let's move onto the reason for this post: Ella! She is awake for longer periods of time during the day which is fun. She'll normally sit and watch what's going on around her for a while before freaking out because she wants held or needs to eat or requests a change of scenery. My mom was concerned because she really didn't cry when she was born (I credit this with the beautiful delivery and the fact that she was on my chest immediately, but what do I know?!); but the girl has since found her lungs! She doesn't hide how she's feeling, that's for sure!
| Peek-a-boo!!!!!! |
She's still doing well at night, too: very little crying, pretty easy to feed and put back to sleep. She's currently in our bedroom snoozing away and it's almost 10 am. Granted, she ate around 6:30, but since then, she has been sleeping. Brady and I have had a relaxing breakfast, bounced every ball he owns, and played school. I swear he asks to play school; it's not Zach and I pressuring him! We're currently working on emotions. He can identify and illustrate happy, sad, surprised, and scared faces. Pretty hilarious! His hair is also hilarious and will be cut this afternoon for fear that passersby mistake him for a homeless child...
| Sporting the 80-and-over crowd's style... |
We ventured out this past weekend with both kiddos and were surprisingly happy with how it worked out! Brady was exceptionally well behaved at the two picnics we attended, and Ella was low maintenance. It helped that everyone wanted to play with Brady, too; he was exhausted by the time we got home! He enjoyed himself so much that he didn't want to leave the first place (Gracie's first birthday party!); he cried when we told him to say goodbye, so Zach promised to get him dessert at the next party. He dried his eyes quickly and ran to the car. Piggy.
| In deep conversation with Stan |
Our second stop was like heaven on earth for Mr. Brady. We pulled up to find all the males at the picnic hitting golf balls! There were clubs just his size, too! In addition, there was a baby pool, tons of leaves (that he promptly picked up and threw into the garbage can--the kid doesn't like a mess...), more food than we've seen in one place in a loooong time, and inside the house, the living room floor had completely disappeared underneath every kind of toy ever made. There were kiddos his size and they played so nicely together. And, of course, he got his dessert.
Today is the last day of school for Kiski and after graduation this evening, I was so looking forward to reclaiming my husband and ditching this single parent status. However, my dad needs help at his business, so it appears as though said husband will be MIA a while longer. While I'm happy to welcome the extra cash flow since my short-term leave money runs out next week, I'm selfish and sad about not having the help I thought was a product of summer vacation. And I must admit, I kinda miss my hubby. But, I'm sure it will all work out. And if it doesn't, that's why they make wine. Lots and lots of wine...
No comments:
Post a Comment