Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy 6 Monthiversary, Ella Faith!

Yeah, I'm about 2 weeks late with the 6th monther, but it's Ella's fault. She's reverted back to her newborn days where she wakes every 2 hours. As a result, I've suffered a devastating loss of brain cells and nothing I do is on time these days. Anyway, she's weighing in at 14 pounds, 3 ounces and is 25 inches long. She's considered tall and thin. Yes, she's my child.

Happy 6-months!

Aside from Ella's horrific sleep patterns, we've made a lot of progress with her 'tude. 90% of the time, she's smiling and laughing, and she is quite entertained by the dogs and her brother. She now permits other people to hold her and the grandparents love that she has finally accepted them. She's also now easily appeased when she's upset, which makes being in public with her more tolerable. She's not like Brady was at this age; he was just happy to be invited. This girl wants to be center stage. Please, God, have mercy on me when she's a teenager...



Another huge difference between Brady and Ella has got to be her affinity for putting everything in her mouth. Once she's on the move, we're really going to have to keep our eyes on her! For now, she's perfectly happy chewing on her feet.



Nursing is still going well, but I'm just not enough food for Ella, so we've been supplementing with formula. Miss Thing will only drink out of a select few cups, and she's very eager to hold them herself. For as easy as Brady was, dude was LAZY. He never had the desire to hold his cup, crawl, or walk because he just figured (as most men do) that the lady in his life would do it for him. So for as challenging as Ella is, she's also extremely independent. This, I know, is going to be good and bad, but it should help me reach my current short-term goal: having the girl sit on her own. This is a must on my to-do list so I am no longer required to hold her all. day. long. On the plus side, my arms look amazing.

Brady still loves giving kisses; I'm not so sure she's as happy about getting them...


Since I've last written, Zach turned 33, I turned 31, and Penn State has been turned upside down because of a disgusting pedophile which has consumed the media. Obviously Zach is a huge PSU fan, but even he is backing off his emphatic love and support for JoPa who, allegedly, knew the pedophile was doing his pedophile things. All I can say is if that is the case, there's a special place in hell for those kinds of people.

See--even the kids are horrified by the PSU thing.

In more exciting news, I've finally purchased a new camera. I have big plans for my kids (they just don't know it), especially their Christmas card photo shoot! Oh what fun! Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to use the new camera yet, so the pics in this post are from the old one, but I still think I got a few cute shots. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to have a word with my neighbors who are decorating their yard with inflatable snowmen and cranking out the Christmas tunes. It's November 19th, people. At least let me digest my turkey before I have to hear Bing Crosby for 30 straight days. Ahhh, who am I kidding? I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment