Monday, December 5, 2011

Gooble! Gooble!

Thanksgiving has come and gone; with it, my waistline. It's only during this time of the year that I can pass off apple pie for breakfast.

No turkey this year!
We started our Thanksgiving Thursday with a drive to Elderton where, upon arriving and standing in the middle of about 50 people, Brady announced loudly, "I don't like it here. We should leave!" Everyone laughed, he appreciated the attention, and then all was well. He and Ella were both well behaved the entire day, despite only a half hour respite from the action in the form of a car nap while on the way to stop number 2: Nonna and Nonno's. They always have new toys for Brady so he thoroughly enjoys his time there. I thoroughly enjoy Nonna's homemade apple pie. Have I already mentioned the pie? Anyway, after two stops and hours of playing, Brady informed us that he needed to "take a breather." His words, not mine. So, he and Nonno snuggled for this adorable picture. P.S. We are still begging Brady to donate the bink to our church; our goal is to have it gone around the 1st of the year. We shall see.



We finished our night at Aunt Elaine and Uncle Duane's and Brady was delighted to learn that they, too, had a few special toys waiting for him: more Matchbox cars. Since those cars are so cheap, everyone is buying them for the boy. There goes my stocking stuffers ideas, so I guess I'll just have to keep shopping. Speaking of shopping, I partook in the Black Friday madness from my couch this year. I wasn't about to give up one more second of sleep and I got a lot of great deals with free shipping, so I consider my online endeavors a success. I do not, however, consider the humiliating way in which I stuffed my face a fourth time at my parents' Thanksgiving dinner on Friday evening a success. I just can't say no to my mom's green bean casserole. At least it wasn't more pie.

Unseasonably warm weather allows for December walks!
Since my original drafting of this post on November 27th (it is presently December 5th), Ella has begun doing some new and exciting things. Because I don't want her to suffer from Second Child Syndrome (my brother claims this is a real thing; I personally think I was just that much better than him; therefore, he suffered from my large, looming shadow), I'll write about Ella's accomplishments in a separate post. I have this on my to-do list for tomorrow. If the planets align and/or hell freezes over, I just may get it done!

Something's funny

No comments:

Post a Comment