Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy 7-Months, Ella "Faif!"

Two bottom teeth, sitting up on her own, saying "Mama" and "Dada." That's our Ella Faif, pronunciation courtesy of Brady.

Happy 7-months!

The girl is forever eating something; mostly her fingers, toes, or clothes, so for the last 2 months I've been assuming she's teething. Either these teeth took forever to pop through or she is just that kid who puts everything in her mouth. At any rate, she got her two bottom teeth last week. I appreciate them coming in pairs and hope they continue to do so so we get this discomfort over with double time. It's as much for her well-being as for my sanity. If this child makes me lose one more second of sleep, I may sell her on Craig's List. (Okay, a-holes who just stumbled upon this blog and read that I'm threatening to sell my daughter: chill out. Just a joke.)

With her buddy, PapTom

Ella is rarely still or quiet, as is evident in the mornings when she wakes up and has full conversations with the mobile over her crib. She rolled over for the first time around 2.5 months and since then, has continued to roll. The whole way across the living room floor. The other day, Brady and I started her out at the couch and within 2 minutes she had found her way to the other end of the room where Elmo and friends were singing on TV. I swear, these little people will do anything for that red monster.

This poor child's hair...
Since she's begun sitting up, she's enjoying the different perspective. She's especially into the dogs. She's constantly reaching out for them and, thankfully, they are kind enough to let her grab fistfuls of their fur. I think they put up with her because she lets them lick the extra food off of her face. Gross, yes.


Even though I complained about her sleeping, she is getting better. She's a saint to put down; as long as she's drowsy, we can just throw her in the crib, she rolls over, and she's out. It's just the whole staying asleep thing and waking up at a reasonable hour that she doesn't quite get yet. Waking up to her screeches at 2 am and then again at 4:30 am is getting old. She's happy, yet awake; as a result, I'm awake and unhappy. Some day, we'll find our groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment