As it turns out, Ella is a happy baby. It took a few months for her to realize it, but she enjoys laughing more than crying. This, in turn, has made life a lot more pleasant for everyone.
 |
| This bib was made with her in mind. |
She doesn't have another well-baby visit until next month, but her sleeping, eating, and general disposition have all improved over the past 4 weeks. I've been afraid to post it for fear that she'll get wind of my bragging and prove me wrong, but she's been sleeping through the night and after a morning nursing session, lying back down for at least an hour. On average, she snoozes from 8pm - 5am, and goes back down until around 7. This is helpful as I can get things done...or go back to sleep. I often choose the latter.
 |
| I hate cheerleaders, but seriously: how cute is this?! |
She's also eating everything she can get her little hands on. This includes, but is not limited to, the dogs' ears, toys, books, actual food, and other people. She chews on my chin when sleepy, but if I'm not available, she'll settle for her fist or a soft blanket. Brady never, ever put a thing into his mouth; when Ella is mobile, we are in TROUBLE.
 |
| Love those boots! |
She's surpassed the baby food and is on her way to big people meals. We've given her pasta, veggies, meats, and a few cheeses thus far and piggy likes! I haven't really found anything she doesn't like...except anything in a bottle or cup. I'm afraid she'll still want to nurse when she's 10. I'm also afraid that she isn't getting enough liquids, but the pediatrician assures me she's healthy. I know she's getting nourishment, but I also know her pooh is a little harder than it should be so I've been trying to entice her with juice. We never gave Brady juice because there's basically no reason to offer sugar in a cup, but this girl plays by her own rules.
 |
| "I'll handle this cup, thankyouverymuch." |
Ella loves the sound of her own voice and her favorite word is clearly Mama. I'm beginning to think she knows what it means, as she says it when she sees me and when she wants me. Dada is thrown around every once in a while, too, but just like Brady, "Mama" was her official first word.
 |
| Repeating "Mama" during our photo shoot! |
The fact that this child has been in our lives for 8 months makes me marvel at how quickly time passes. I remember the second I realized I was pregnant with her, and the instant I knew I was in labor with her. It makes me sad. And then it makes me want another baby. And then I remind myself that I'm still tired and overwhelmed on a daily basis and that makes me want to wait at least two years before we try for #3 ;-)
 |
| This is their "we're thrilled for yet another picture" face |
No comments:
Post a Comment