Sunday, January 29, 2012

Heh-yo???

Brady's new obsession is the telephone. He currently plays with two old cellphones and my old office phone. What he doesn't know is that the office phone has to be returned to K12. That will not be a good day.

Anyway, since he's so fond of talking, I've tried to film him in action. Every time he sees me, though, he stops what he's doing like he's embarrassed. I've even tried to hide and watch him, but he's too dang nosy. So, I've provided a script of his latest call:

Brady: "Heh-yoooo? Pap Tom?" He pauses, waits for Pap Tom to respond. "Hi, Pap! What are you doin'? Are you makin' dinner?" Pauses, awaits answer. "YOU ARE?! OH MY! Dat's very nice. Okay, byebye."

In keeping with Brady's love of the phone, Zach introduced the idea of playing the game telephone with him. Zach whispers something in Brady's ear or tells him to give me a message, and by the time the kid gets to me, the message is all kinds of messed up. It's a great way to pass some time on the weekends:

Zach: Tell mom you're cold and you want to be wrapped up like a pig in a blanket.
Brady to me: I'm in a pig.
Zach: You want to be wrapped up like a pig in a blanket.
Brady: I'm a blanket pig.

It's either sheer exhaustion that makes this so hilarious, or maybe it really is just that funny. I can't tell. I've been working nonstop today (on my Sunday--boo!) to set up 4 new courses. I'm so sick of this computer I'm not even adding pictures to this post because I just want to sign off and call it a day. But before I do, please allow one more Brady conversation:

Who: Brady and some lady

When: Saturday afternoon

Where: The hair salon

Why: The boy had a mullet

How: He threw the mother load of tantrums when he saw Dawn, the woman that cuts his hair, so we tried to persuade him with grapes and books and jokes, but nothing worked. Only one side of his hair was cut before we had to take a time out to, as Brady says, "catch mine breath." During the time out...

What: a lovely woman with several piercings and tattoos came over to help Brady calm down. Instead, he yelled at the top of his lungs and through his pathetic sobs, 'WHAT DA HECK IS DAT IN YOUR NOSE?! I DON'T YIKE IT. GO AWAY!"

And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment