and this weather on Monday:
This past weekend marked the first in I-don't-know-how-long that the Jankowski 4 were able to spend quality time together. Nowhere to be, nothing on the calendar--it was heaven! I think I mostly enjoyed it because Zach was around to help with the kids and house. I don't know how single moms do it, but I bow down to them.
While we're on the subject of bowing down, a legend in many eyes died this past Sunday: Joe Paterno passed away from what the doctors deemed complications from lung cancer, but if you talk to most Penn State cult members--I mean, enthusiasts--they'll tell you the guy died of a broken heart because of the scandal with that pedophile whose name does not deserve mention on this blog. Zach is such an enthusiast and has had a really hard time coming to grips with the events that unfolded in these past few months, but the bottom line is a man, and a local one at that, who represented the kind of coach and educator Zach wanted to emulate has died. And that is sad, no matter which way you spin it.
Know what else is sad? I'm actually skipping a shower tonight so I can read my new issue of Parenting magazine. Maybe I'll grab a one tomorrow morning. Maybe. Man, I love this working from home thing.
Have a good one,
Dirtball Jankowski
No comments:
Post a Comment