Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Bad" Baby!

Lots has happened since our last post. I had another pre-natal check-up and we got to see Baby J. again! I really wish I had an ultrasound machine-thing in my bedroom--I'd stare at that baby all day every day! It is just so amazing to SEE what's going on in my belly!

Before I get ahead of myself, let's start with the check-up. Last Thursday, I went for my fourth appointment. So far, I've gained a total of 8 pounds (not bad for the 5th month of pregnancy, right?!), the baby's heart beat is strong (155 bpm), and my other vitals are good. In fact, after taking my blood pressure, the nurse asked how I was feeling. I thought the response she wanted (everyone wants!) is, "I'm really excited!" So, that's what I said! She then asked if I was nervous, anxious, scared, etc. I thought about it and then answered honestly, "No. I'm very calm." Granted, this is strange for me because I worry and plan and obsess over the tiniest of details, and here I am carrying my first child and I've never felt so relaxed in my entire life. Nature's way of preparing me for motherhood?? Anyway, the nurse kind of laughed and said I'm "dead" calm. I guess my blood pressure is really low: 90/60!! That, however, did worry me because I was afraid it was bad for the baby, but the doctor told me to enjoy it while it lasts! I'm just "unusually" calm for an expectant mother! I'd like to take this time to address all of you (AKA: my parents!) who constantly tell me to calm down, don't worry, I'm going to have an ulcer and say: I TOLD YOU SO :0)

Thank you, that felt good!!

So this past Saturday, Zach and I and our parents made the trek to Corporate One in Monroeville to have our second ultrasound. The technician was kind enough to welcome us all into the room (she claimed it was maybe too small; I tend to think I could have crammed some more people in there--Mike, Derek, and Kim next time?!), and we all got to see Baby J. in action. Everything looks great: the organs have developed and are working well, no clubbed foot, no cleft lip, both eyes, both ears, BIG feet!! The baby, however, would not cooperate and give us the ever-important profile shot, so we have to go back in a month. FINE WITH ME! I'd go back EVERY day if I could :) The technician was able to tell the sex of the baby, but of course, we opted to keep it a surprise. It was funny, though: she warned us she was scanning the "genital region" and we should look away if we didn't want to know (sometimes it's pretty obvious that even the untrained eye can identify the "hamburger or hotdog" I guess!), and Zach was the ONLY one to turn away. Everyone else stared as if our lives depended on finding or seeing SOMETHING! Unfortunately, no one could really identify anything in particular, even though my dad SWEARS it's a boy. I personally feel as though I'm carrying a girl, but what do I know?!

That's about it from these parts. In addition to all of the doctor appointments, all is well. I feel great, I look okay, and Zach is starting to realize there's a baby inside of me! He pets the belly every once in a while and reminds me that we've made a child. Like my constant peeing and weight gain aren't reminders enough :0) But it's fun. I truly do enjoy being pregnant, so I feel very fortunate for that.

Once I get the baby's pics uploaded, I'll share them on here and on Facebook. Fun! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment